missfire at low rpm

danny100

Advanced Member
Hi guys, just wonna ask if anyone experience a occasion engine hikup(missing for approx half to one sec) during slow going with between 1.5k-2k rpm, usually happen when u get to a street with lot of speed-hump ,so when u go v.slow over the hump,then accelerate gentlely toward another hump,or sometime when go v.slow at give-away then slowly accelerate,it happen :? ...only does it sometime,not all time.but fast acceleration,no problem at all..also sometime i can hear it happen on "fast idle" after cold start, from outside of the car..
However, my engine is all standard,spoke to my friend(a sport car mechanic),it does exactly the same on his porsche 996 c4 lately, also with individual coil packs, rekon/suspect its the coil-packs(the one goes on top of the plugs) ??

if anyone has come across /fixed these sort of issue,please let me know B4 i run to buy 4xcoil packs,which i believe its not cheap.. lets say if its the coil-packs cause the problem, what make should i buy this time,std or..and how expensive??

Regard danny :)

Zani

Advanced Member
Check your plugs and the coil packs. Where are you located?

... I suggest dropping by TGM if you can!

fonz600

Advanced Member
As previous poster said, check your plugs. Gap is maybe too big or maybe a duff one.

danny100

Advanced Member
Hi guys, thanks for reply, i just put a set of denso iridiums,and a Full hit inc.valve clearence check 2 weeks ago..it happen b4 the full-hit and plugs anyway..spoke to dave@steel today...may be its a good idea to check the inlet black-pipe for air-leak/clean throttle body then try the flash-code..hope that ll help,just have to find a dry day to kick-in..

B.T.W. when we adjust the valve clearence..i took the reading from k20a2 from the CD, they only listed the k20a2/a3, they don't list the proper K20A, please correct me if i m wrong...

Regard danny :)N.staffs p.s it a shame, im too far from TGM,but i think i ll give them a ring to try pick-a-brain for their experience...

jay82

Advanced Member
danny100 said:
Hi guys, thanks for reply, i just put a set of denso iridiums,and a Full hit inc.valve clearence check 2 weeks ago..it happen b4 the full-hit and plugs anyway..spoke to dave@steel today...may be its a good idea to check the inlet black-pipe for air-leak/clean throttle body then try the flash-code..hope that ll help,just have to find a dry day to kick-in..

B.T.W. when we adjust the valve clearence..i took the reading from k20a2 from the CD, they only listed the k20a2/a3, they don't list the proper K20A, please correct me if i m wrong...

Regard danny :)N.staffs p.s it a shame, im too far from TGM,but i think i ll give them a ring to try pick-a-brain for their experience...
as far as i no there the settings for the rsx and don't think there the right ones

Shanetyper

Advanced Member
same thing happened to me after i got the car mapped.
i said it to the tuner that "i'm getting a big backfire in low revs not all the time though"
he just said "cool"
it just only really happened when i gave it a bit of juice on low revs

but its gone now :xconfused:

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
K-Pro has known issue with part-throttle response at low revs afaik.. but it just makes the car sound like a Scooby :)