Missing DC5?

Ezza

Advanced Member
As some of you may know i have recently put up my DC5 for sale after 6 years of owners in which i have put a few mods on like the KPRO, BC Carbon Bonnet, Spoon mid pipe & N1 and the Gruppe M. I haven't even sold the car yet but i am already having this feeling that i would really regret the sale of my car. Its by far the best N/A car i have driven and very economical too but with plans for a family to start i really need a 5 door :(

Anyone else sold there DC5 but regretted it? One day i am beginning to think that one day i will be back into the DC5 when a 5 door is no longer required :)

Ezza

Advanced Member
My brother had an FD2 not long ago but he wrote it off after a badger decided to cross the road at the wrong time. I think the FD2 is slightly out of my budget for my next car so i am looking to buy a Evo 8MR as i will be doing alot less mileage.

However, i just realised that i normally change my cars every 3-4 years but i have never thought about selling the DC5 after 6 years until nowdue to family planning reasons. I pretty sure i will be back in the future :)

Snowdrift

I'm the opposite at the moment, only had my dc5 for a couple of months but already fancy a change, i do this a lot :p. Went through 22 cars in the last 11 years and the longest i've owned anything was 9 month.

Think I just miss boost and rear wheel drive, bought the teg to be a "sensible" daily runner but i think i want something daft again :p

I might keep it for a while still because i do really like the car and its fun to drive, but the itch to change has definitely started to take root.

If you've had the car for 6 years it's as good of a time as any to change it. Worst case you can just go back to a dc5 in the future.

Ezza

Advanced Member
Im doing less and less miles a year and i have always wanted a Evo so this is the perfect time to buy one :)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Yeah I might be selling mine soon but the idea is to change cars and NOT regret it, you really need to find something that suits you and is just as, if not more fun to own and drive. Thats the key, if you aren't 100%, don't do it, you're not ready and you will regret it.

There are not many cars out there that will give you the same pleasure for driving as the DC5 does, but they do exist.

kahn_v

Advanced Member
i regret selling my silver dc5. should have kept it. im in the market for a new one though,

Ezza

Advanced Member
As much as i would like to keep the car i really do need a 5 door :(

I think i will consider stripping some parts of the car and sell with some mods and lower the price.

mark type r

Advanced Member
I sold my Teg, bought an Evo X. Miss my Teg and hated the X so I sold it and I'm in the process of buying an S15.

Took Dottys Teg out the other day and loved every minute of it.
I shall be back

Ezza

Advanced Member
mark type r said:
I sold my Teg, bought an Evo X. Miss my Teg and hated the X so I sold it and I'm in the process of buying an S15.

Took Dottys Teg out the other day and loved every minute of it.
I shall be back
What did you not like about the Evo X?

blueguy said:
Cue the parts vultures ^_^
There wont be that much mods to sell, i will probably leave the bonnet and exhaust and sell the KPRO and Gruppe M seperately if i do take this route :)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Never bought in to the idea of "have to have 5 doors". Had a 3 series coupe when my daughter was born and kept it til she was 1. Bought a 5 door focus then to see what the fuss was all about with this 5 doors nonsense and can't say it changed my life. Only kept it 7 months and then went to the Teg.

Personally my love for coupe's far exceeds worrying about putting one foot in the rear foot well. I must be one of the few who actually finds it easier! If it's raining you can climb in with them to strap them in, with the focus my back would be drenched. Also parked on the side of a busy road it was easier to get her in and out not having to leave the door open while you're sorting them out.

IMO it's not a bad family car. Comfortable, good on a run, big boot, reasonable rear leg room.

Only reason I'd have to get rid is if I had 3 kids as the teg only has 2 rear seats.

P. S. One kid is more than enough as far as I'm concerned! :D

If you like the car enough there isn't really a need to sell I don't think.

Phil r type

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
Never bought in to the idea of "have to have 5 doors". Had a 3 series coupe when my daughter was born and kept it til she was 1. Bought a 5 door focus then to see what the fuss was all about with this 5 doors nonsense and can't say it changed my life. Only kept it 7 months and then went to the Teg.

Personally my love for coupe's far exceeds worrying about putting one foot in the rear foot well. I must be one of the few who actually finds it easier! If it's raining you can climb in with them to strap them in, with the focus my back would be drenched. Also parked on the side of a busy road it was easier to get her in and out not having to leave the door open while you're sorting them out.

IMO it's not a bad family car. Comfortable, good on a run, big boot, reasonable rear leg room.

Only reason I'd have to get rid is if I had 3 kids as the teg only has 2 rear seats.

P. S. One kid is more than enough as far as I'm concerned! :D

If you like the car enough there isn't really a need to sell I don't think.
i have 2 kids and the teg is fine, you can easily get a double push chair in the back as the boot is huge ! :xgrin:

kazmo

Advanced Member
please explain why you need 5 doors? the first 7 years of family life for me I had RX7's!

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Im always looking at other cars but when it comes down to it none of them would be as fun and cheap to drive than the teg.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
There are not many cars out there that will give you the same pleasure for driving as the DC5 does, but they do exist.
.....What do you fancy then Ian??