Mixing ad08 and ad08r

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Hi

As the old ad08 are no longer available, i have had to buy a pair of ad08R in 245/40/17

My dilemma is, which way shall i run them?

-Old tyres on the rear with the new compound on the front or vice versa? The new R is grippier hence why i was thinking of running them on the front.

-run the ad08r on the rear to kill the old ad08 on the front so i can get another pair of ad08R's?

-i have a staggered set of old ad08 (215/45 and 245/40) that i could sell and buy another pair of 245/40 ad08r?

Obviously im not sure how the first two options will upset the cars balance but the new ad08r are supposedly a lot grippier/faster

You recommendations welcome!
Mike

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I'd run them on the front Mike for the better grip and because they'll have more meat.

I wouldn't be too worried about the difference in grip levels so long as your rears are in good condition. It's not as though you'll be running road tyres on the rear and slicks on the front :)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Agree with Justin, the larger tyre should be on the driven wheels in an FF car and I've done exactly the same thing in principle, 225/45 AD08R on the front and 215/45 AD08 on the rear.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
I didn't notice any difference in grip between them in my other 2 civics which has both AD08 & AD08Rs.