Model Reports Direct (Low tax band report)

Gaz_Ek4

Advanced Member
Hi guys

Im at the stage where I need to hire a model report for my DC5 and from reading on here it seems that modelreports.com only supply the model report with the higher tax band (£400 per year as they confirmed on the phone) while modelreportsdirect.com supply the lower tax band model report that I need (I think its the one Andy @ 200bhp uses), my question is has anyone used them lately as I have called for the past few days and keep getting a message that there is no one in the office for a few days. Dont really want to go ahead and purchase online if the permission letter isnt sent to me for a while.

Thanks, Gary

LeeH

Advanced Member
I didn't think it was the report, just whether you got away with registering it PLG.

Gaz_Ek4

Advanced Member
From what ive read on here, mostly andy from 200bhp's posts its seems that-

Modelreports.com = BAND G £400 per year

Modelreportsdirect.com = BAND F £210 per year

This is why people like Andy are now using the report from modelreportsdirect.com so that their customers get the lower tax band? I just need to contact them to confrim this but they arent picking up the phone.

Gary

fonz600

Advanced Member
You want it as PLG like Lee said. It's cheaper than the tax bands and won't go up as much in the future.
My DC5 was PLG and cost £190 (think it is 195 now)
My JDM CTR is banded and cost £210 this year.

gixer750

Advanced Member
my 52 plate teg from andy is 'petrol car' on the log book, yet the 53 plate teg from andy a year previous is 'plg'. its possible not even andy can get them registered as 'plg' anymore.
still, not much difference in the price.............yet! :shock:

Gaz_Ek4

Advanced Member
So as far as model reports are concerned, how to I go about getting it registered as PLG? I would be happy with the F band model report to be honest just to save anymore hassle. Just dont know where to get one.

Gary

We get ours from 'pan east asia services'
its the low tax band one

Johnny

impne

Advanced Member
Andy has said he can't do PLG anymore but only the 210

The 210 I now believe has now gone upto 300 ish and going up again next year to 400 ish

The car I bought from Andy 7 months or so ago was the second last one to go through on plg before they stopped it.