Mods and sound?

mikegsi

Staff member
Trung said:
I can't imagine an ETD that could cause a bolt to fall inside the engine. :lol:

when i said inside the had i didnt mean literally 'inside', but still in where it screws into. :roll: :wink:

jonster

Advanced Member
Mersey_typeR said:
I noticed a noise increase when I had the uprated engine mounts fitted yesterday.

The day I took my car in to TDi I took TP's car for a spin and commented on it being louder than mine in the cabin (we have the same GruppeM, PRC, K-Pro, Full toda exhaust setup). Couldn't think why, but when I got my car back I suddenly realised.

The vibrations are no where near as bad as I was expecting.

Maybe the vibes are not so bad on the EP3. I guess you've got to live with them for at least a month before you can decide you can stand the extra noise.

jonster

Advanced Member
aself66 said:
I have the mugen mounts and to be honest noticed little difference in vibration
Hi Aself66,

Where did you get your Mugen mounts from? Did you feel any improvement with them?

Jon

Evs

Advanced Member
jonster said:
Maybe the vibes are not so bad on the EP3. I guess you've got to live with them for at least a month before you can decide you can stand the extra noise.
Jon - to answer the question you asked me a few months ago about whether I was still happy with the mounts after using them for a while, the answer was no. I have since installed an ETD as well to connect the engine more directly to the cabin and add yet more vibration! :lol:

jonster

Advanced Member
Evs said:
jonster said:
Jon - to answer the question you asked me a few months ago about whether I was still happy with the mounts after using them for a while, the answer was no. I have since installed an ETD as well to connect the engine more directly to the cabin and add yet more vibration! :lol:
That's pretty hardcore man! Vibe tastic. Which damper did you go for? I had the 5Zigen for a while but never fitted it. It weighed a tonne :)

Evs

Advanced Member
jonster said:
Which damper did you go for? I had the 5Zigen for a while but never fitted it. It weighed a tonne :)
J's racing. Nice bit of kit and weighs very little, fits between the offside strut tower and the engine mount bracket behind the air con pump.

I think it's moved the worst resonances to different revs, maybe slightly smoother at idle but rougher just above that. I've probably lost all sense of proportion on this now though! :oops: :lol: