Mods fitted, power run done

User

Advanced Member
Well i've had my car a month and so far it's been treat to :-

Spoon drop in filter
HKS Cat Back
TODA 4-2-1 Manifold/Decat

Went to System R Saturday just gone - to get the TODA fitted. Great guys there, really know their stuff and bang on price for the labour too. I'll be seeing them regularly from now on thats for sure, just a really nice set-up.

Anyway, it went on their rollers - 4 runs.

Averaged 237 bhp atf, 201 atw.

Now personally i suspect those figures are a touch over the top but the car ran 3 times, they'd had a DC5 in a week prior and said categorically mine felt much more lively. If the car had had a KPro on - 237 would be nice enough, but it hasn't.

Anyone any thoughts on the 237bhp atf? Touch over the top or is there a chance i've got a hot one?

It will be getting the KPro treatment over the next couple of months - just gotta save the pennies.

Car feels simply fantastic. Too a point it'll keep up with some expensive (german 2 door) machinery ;)

:D

BTW - the PC crashed so i didnt get a printout but they gave me the powerruns free.

jonster

Advanced Member
Good choice of mods apart from the intake. Your suffocating the TODA with the stock box/Spoon drop-in. Go Injen or GruppeM (if you're flush) to make the most of what you have got before getting KPro'ed. You don't want to pay for remapping later on when you realise your current intake is holding you back.

Can't comment on the dyno results because they are all so varied between different dynos.

Jon

mikegsi

Staff member
i my be completely wrong, in fact i probably am, but i personally estimate my bhp at 240........

all i have is the injen cai and the hks, i came to this figure from comparing other peoples results on the same mods....

any one offer a more accurate figure or agree with my estimate.......

User

Advanced Member
Well the stock bhp is 218 (220ps).

We aint gonna get 218 though on optimax because it's 2 points short of 100ron.

I think my 237 is maybe a touch over with just the spoon drop in plus the TODA and the HKS. But i may be wrong, it may be bang on.

Really need someone with graphs to compare to.

truffs

Theres a scetion with dyno graphs on. on it are loads of conversions + a stock DC5 compared with my turbo :lol:

soibui

201 bhp at the wheels doesn't sound right to me with the mods you have, considering standard DC5 only has 155 bhp or something like that, please correct me if I am wrong here.

The DC5 he was referring to was probably me, I had it Kpro'd on the 26th with GruppeM induction, Toda manifold, and Hi-Power exhaust, and I got 191 bhp at the wheels, which looks right to me, everyone else who's done similar mods has got similar figures, look at the dyno thread.

dan the man

Advanced Member
my local rolling road chap says every k20 he has seen has been over the supposed power.

my friend with a ctr made 180 at the wheels, all he has is a hks intake, so a dc5 with 200 at wheels could well be. ill be taking mine on when i get it as only 30 quid for a run etc...let ya know

dan

iDrew

Advanced Member
I had my DC5 on Powerstation's dyno last weekend.

Mechanically Standard apart from Fujitsubo cat-back exhaust, running on 98 ron Optimax.

I got 219 bhp @ 8060 rpm, 197.2 Nm (145.43lb/ft) @ 6645 rpm :wink:

Paul-CTR

Your comparing figures from different dynos. Powerstation, CPL Racing, System - R all have different makes of dyno so its hard to compare one set of figures with another. If you want accuracy I would suggest going to somewhere like Abbey Motorsport. No-one doubts the validity of their hub figures. But if you must compare then only look at the wheel figures. Flywheel estimations can be very misguided.

T666YPR

I've had EVERY mod dyno'd at Thor on their Dynopack.

The only other place I've used is CPL,for the quality of work,and that other DC5 owners have results on the same dyno to compare 8)

DYNO CHARTS THREAD

User

Advanced Member
Excellent, read through the dyno thread now, many thanks.

As i said in my opening post - I thought my figures were a bit over the top and the other graphs support that.

Not fussed, i'm just happy the car is improving and the mods are paying off. Kpro and maybe proper induction next up.