money pit part 2

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Ok, i can see this car is going to start costing me some money to keep it on the road.

Just a quick question for those in the know.

1st.. drivers side window .. sometimes will not go up .. it starts to go up .. and then drops back down half way... then i have to sometimes grab the window and force it up .. i am guessing motor is screwed?? also passenger window.. when opened from the drivers side is so slow to go down or up.. it might as well be a whind up window.. but if you use the passengers side button .. goes up and down very fast..

2nd SRS light is now on ... i have changed the steering wheel a year ago, so no steering wheel air bag .. but light has been off for a year.. now all of sudden ... light is on all the time?

3rd I bought some high Blue HID lights .. all of a sudden .. one goes out.. switch lights on and off .. it comes back on .. then goes out mins later. Replaced both lights to normal DR2 phillips blubs .. lights have been working fine.. but put back in my high blue lights and the same thing happens, one will just go out .... do i need to replace my fuse to something higher or are they just crap blubs I am using, bought from the USA..?

Sorry for all the questions but thought i would ask here incase anyone else has had any of these issues..

thanks

Mark

nellly

Advanced Member
try some silicon spray down the sides of the glass for the window. that may help.

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Sounds like there might be something stuck on your driver window or in the way.. so as a safety feature, it drops back down.. maybee take it apart and clean the track

Srs light - the resister/capacitor needs changing.. and needs to be reset by computer/plug in.. from my experience, it won't reset automatically once it's on

Lights are bad..

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Unnamed_warrior said:
1st.. drivers side window .. sometimes will not go up .. it starts to go up .. and then drops back down half way... then i have to sometimes grab the window and force it up .. i am guessing motor is screwed?? also passenger window.. when opened from the drivers side is so slow to go down or up.. it might as well be a whind up window.. but if you use the passengers side button .. goes up and down very fast..
I had the same problem with the window when I got the car, silicone spray helped a lot but the root cause of the issue was loose bolts on the bracket that clamps the window to the actuator arm so it didn't slide up quite straight, might be worth checking. Just pop the door card off peel the plastic out the way, lower the window until the bolts line up with the access holes and just tighten them up.

mikey_t8 said:
Srs light - the resister/capacitor needs changing.. and needs to be reset by computer/plug in.. from my experience, it won't reset automatically once it's on
Interesting you say this, i had to reset the light via the manual procedure several times until it seemed to stay off completely, it lasted about 6 months, then out of nowhere its back again, where is this resistor/capacitor?

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I always assumed the window coming back down was due to the wind deflector being in the channel and occasionally touches the bracket.
I'll have a look at the bracket bolts too though just incase!

nsxer

Advanced Member
Window issue can be caused by battery being disconnected. Search for the reset process on here as this happened to me recently and reset got the window up again etc. May need a couple of goes at it.

SRS is likely a plugin diagnostic with Honda - lights like that don't go off easily on Honda's

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
I had the same problem with the window when I got the car, silicone spray helped a lot but the root cause of the issue was loose bolts on the bracket that clamps the window to the actuator arm so it didn't slide up quite straight, might be worth checking. Just pop the door card off peel the plastic out the way, lower the window until the bolts line up with the access holes and just tighten them up.

Interesting you say this, i had to reset the light via the manual procedure several times until it seemed to stay off completely, it lasted about 6 months, then out of nowhere its back again, where is this resistor/capacitor?
It's usually with the boss kit

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
ok thanks for the advice i shall try those.. its going back to TGM on thursday so I will ask Tom to check everything.