More K-Pro info

Stevieg

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Is the K-pro a stand alone ECU or does the stock ECU have to be modified with a daughter board? It was my understanding that the K pro was a plug and play ECU? Also how much did you guys pay for it - i've phoned about and have had various prices....

Jayk

Advanced Member
your standard ecu is sent to cpl (even if you go to systerm - r) and they add/change a board which allows the parameters to be changed, it is NOT a standalone ecu. DTA fast ecu is standalone, S60, its around £1600 mapped.

price varies dependant upon what you want. just take it to system-r.

or try a dastek uni-chip, piggyback ecu, half the price, does pretty much the same.

jostrom

Advanced Member
You can also use a PRB US K-Pro in your ITR. They came with a ECU so no need to install one into your existing ECU or send it for a upgrade. A lot easier to do it like this! The K-Pro cannot be removed from the ECU once installed, again an advantage for the US K-Pro. Easier to sell and no need to source a OEM ECU if you want to put your car back to standard.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
also with the US version you can have full nitrous control should you wish to use it :D

Stevieg

Advanced Member
The PRB US K-Pro sounds very interesting. Has anyone installed one and had it mapped my System R / CPL - not sure if they would be funny about mapping on it as it hasnt come from them and isnt the normal one?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
system r will map it for you no problems, TP (aka Paul West) had one on his civic ep3, mapped by system r too. :wink:

turbo5

Advanced Member
I had the US kpro on my DC5 as loaner while my ECU was sent away to be Kpro'd. NB my car is a facelift DC5

Mase

many people buy additional ecu's to add the kpro to. this works out well, except then you have to disable the immobilizer within the ecu since the new ecu was not originate the car.

jostrom

Advanced Member
Mase said:
many people buy additional ecu's to add the kpro to. this works out well, except then you have to disable the immobilizer within the ecu since the new ecu was not originate the car.
If you have a facelift DC5 (which only has an immob) and you get another facelift ECU K-Pro'd, you can get the immob coded at you local Honda dealer.