MOT fail

turbo5

Advanced Member
Took the car for its MOT today and they called to say it had failed on the front flexi hose as it was leaking. I had Goodridge stainless steel brake lines fitted about 5 years ago .
The mechanic (Honda main dealer) said it was the front drivers side rubber flexi hose that had failed that connects to the caliper not the lines.
I didn't realise they were seperate hoses/lines does anybody do aftermarket ones ?

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
If it connects to the caliper that is the stainless braided flexi hoses your talking about? Or have you replaced the actual solid brake lines with goodridge?

If it's the flexi that has failed either goodridge or HEL do good braided hoses. I think RE Spirit on here do them, I think they are about £80 for all 4?!

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
He means the actual braided line mate, he is referring to it as a flexi hose. The 'lines' as he puts it are the hard brake lines that run around the car.

Stevie

Dan34

Advanced Member
If he is talking about the good ridge lines they can get moisture under the plastic sheath that looks like the lines failed but it actually hasn't. Mine are the same.

turbo5

Advanced Member
Thanks for the advice, the car passed its retest. I did buy some new HEL brake lines. (I now have 3 spare) I requested the part number and confirmed it was the correct part number. I also pointed out I doubted the Goodridge braided hose was leaking and would like to see the faultly one.
Reason given the screw was loose and this had caused brake fluid to run down the flexi hose which had underseal on it. this made the mecanic think it was leaking. (I had the car undersealed years ago prior to having the goodridge hoses fitted.) I got some discount but it still cost me £70 for the hoses and about £35 for fitting the new one after discount.