Motorsport Events > Colerne Sat 14th APRIL

Thepasty

I had to stop watching after a bit, sorry but that music made my ears bleed!

Shame about the camera shake, your mount was rock solid in the 2T, was yours attached to the boot window? the rubber seals and what not would cause all the movement.

I edited a bit more of the 2T experience, with a fast lap by chris (dad) and some other shots of the day etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rha1FBkFDjw

you tube has messed the sound a bit, I got to find a better encoder.

cheers

Steve

jonster

Advanced Member
Yeah, yeah. Had to distract people from the shakeyvision some how :lol:

The problem is that my SD/MMC card based camera is so small they forgot to put a camera mount screw on it. I've therefore needed to use a mobile phone clamp with screw hole to hold the camera. To protect the camera from the clamp I've used some pipe-lagging type stuff which is probably too flexible, hence the shakey problem. I shouldn't have tried to be flash with this solid-state camera got a tape based one for less money and better stability. Lessons learned.

It's best to render the video to 320 x 240 first, so that YouTube doesn't knacker it further.

Hope to see you down Cornwall way at the weekend Steve, when I pick-up the strut bars from your dad.

BTW - The MR-2 has got far too much grip judging from the footage you've posted. No fair. With 315BHP now - even more no fair.

Jon

Thepasty

ahhh your camera restraint solution sounds like something I'd come up with!

I use adobe Premiere for editing my video, its an awesome bit of software of a profesional standard (if you can use it right... which I cant), it only outputs in avi meaning I have to use an encoder to change the format to wma and reduce its size, the trouble starts here, I've only got a free encoder which is pretty crap and if i go smaller than 640xwhatever the quality goes to shit.

If you think that was grippy you should of gone passenger when the slicks were on... oh man did it stick! :shock:

If you're down this way I'll come say hello, but if the weather decent I'll be out flying radio controlled planes...

rarerims

Thepasty said:
I can upload video of the 2T going past all the Integra's if that'll make ya feel better Duncs. :lol:
I seem to recall passing the mr2 more than once in my teg.. :lol: :wink:

Not a dc5 thou I guess :p

Thepasty

yeah, you went past me (in the 2T) a couple of times, however towards the end of the day I was able to keep up with ya....just.... :)

BTW

I really liked your Teg, the old school shape is still the best in my opinion...