Mounting a front numberplate

Gerard DC5

Advanced Member
As above how do you mount them to just under the bumper (infront of the radiator) Is it altering the standard clips for the square plate or do you need new ones altogether? Got pulled for my sticky plate so just going to go with a normal rectangular one to save any hastle.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
eBay I believe.... I'm sure Tegiwa Imports do them.

Search for Integra Number Relocator.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Just make your own bracket and fix it underneath using the 2 screws that fix the normal plate holder under the bumper. If you do this you'll need to fill the hole in left in the front of the bumper.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Just make your own bracket and fix it underneath using the 2 screws that fix the normal plate holder under the bumper. If you do this you'll need to fill the hole in left in the front of the bumper.
My thoughts exactly! Been contemplating it myself...

Gerard DC5

Advanced Member
What sort of materials have people used to make there own brackets? I was thinking of just getting a rectangular pice of plastic and fixing that then using sticky pads to fix the numberplate to it.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Yeah why not, as long as it is strong and bolted on then it should be fine :)

Sticky pads are fine too, my plate is held on with those.

Gerard DC5

Advanced Member
cant complain at that price. One will be getting ordered shortly. Cheers! Just need to get an import size plate made up now.

Grov

Banned
Or you could do away with it all completey and fit a sticky plate, looks so much better.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Or you could do away with it all completey and fit a sticky plate, looks so much better.

?? read post 1 ;-)

if you remove the oem plate there will be two holes in the bumper to deal with.

b19twg

Advanced Member
Did you get a fine for the sticky plate? Didnt think the police would be to fussed on a sticky plate if its right size font etc?

dave c

400hp K20
Police are generally t055ers in my experience and like to concentrate on all the small things that aren't important. Like number plates :)

This is why I paid around £300 in the first 6 months of 2011 in fines for having a sticky number plate.

Each and every time I would explain that the plate would be less visible using the standard mounting brackets and would block the radiator air flow. I always added that the car was an import so shouldn't conform to the usual BS on uk cars of having silly little numbers and letter at the bottom... they didn't listen so now I don't bother with a plate at the front.

Been like this for months and not had a single issue haha

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
I haven't for a front plate but it is under my passenger floor mat though with some spent double sided tape on so I could make out it fell off if I needed haha. I've had my car for about 7 months now like this and have never been pulled. I also have this on the rear and have been followed by police (and proper traffic cops) plenty of times.

Matt

Gerard DC5

Advanced Member
Yeah got a £30 fine. First ive been pulled in 4 and a half years almost of driving. I got stopped cause of the type of car then when they realised i was taxed, insured etc found something to get me with i felt. Got told my rear plate is also illegal because of the size and basically told me that there is only one size and thats the uk size. Didnt have an answer for me when I asked how exactly a uk plate fits into the recess and didnt say anything when I told them its an import and has a completely different regulation. Back plate is legal though its just the standard one from torque GT and managed to speak to an actual traffic officer who told me the officer who done me was wrong about the back plate but unfortuantly the front is illegal. Said its a bit harsh to give me a fine straight away since I was civil enough with them and didnt kick off or anything.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
You should print out and keep in your glove compartment both documents in this link. The amendment will cover you for the smaller font and depending on interpretation, the actual regulation will cover you for a sticky plate i.e.
"registration plate” means a plate or other device displaying the registration mark of the vehicle

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I don't run a plate either had less trouble without a plate than I did with a smaller one haha.

Gerard DC5

Advanced Member
Seems to be easier to get away with no plate than it does to have one that is easily readable but is a few mm too small haha. My bracket came today anyways so will be getting the standard plate back on after a good clean, Scottish weathers taking its toll on white :(