Moving from a jdm dc2 to.........? what next?

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Many people here gone from jdm dc2 to dc5?.....pros and cons...failing that Im considering an evo 6.....been on this fence for a while.. I do love the dc2 but the prospect of 6 gears and a tad more power and a little refinement would be a welcome bonus.

Cheers

Jvzr

Advanced Member
Iv just done that move myself,

Dc2 was near std with decat and springs, Used it as a daily doing 400kms a week and really couldnt fault it as an all rounder.
Using my dc5 on weekends as job is to messy atm but id imgaine it would be every bit as good for a daily.
I stepped up to the dc5 as i felt it was a bit maturer and comfier, I absolutely loved my dc2 but im glad of the step up i took.

6 gears is a huge plus, And the dc5 feels alot bigger and sturider then the dc2, but for an on the road feel, the dc2 feels alot more racier or aggresive.
My dc5 has basic exhaust mods and is alot quicker and torquier then my dc2, Personally think at this point i rather the k20 engine

Id recommend the dc5 over an evo 6, I test drove an evo 7 before i got mine, and while the power was nice, It was boring and bland, i much rathered the hi revving and FWD feel then the evo.

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Jvzr said:
Iv just done that move myself,

Dc2 was near std with decat and springs, Used it as a daily doing 400kms a week and really couldnt fault it as an all rounder.
Using my dc5 on weekends as job is to messy atm but id imgaine it would be every bit as good for a daily.
I stepped up to the dc5 as i felt it was a bit maturer and comfier, I absolutely loved my dc2 but im glad of the step up i took.

6 gears is a huge plus, And the dc5 feels alot bigger and sturider then the dc2, but for an on the road feel, the dc2 feels alot more racier or aggresive.
My dc5 has basic exhaust mods and is alot quicker and torquier then my dc2, Personally think at this point i rather the k20 engine

Id recommend the dc5 over an evo 6, I test drove an evo 7 before i got mine, and while the power was nice, It was boring and bland, i much rathered the hi revving and FWD feel then the evo.
Yeah it does sound like an obvious step. Had the dc2 for 5 years and cant fault it. Can't say the rawness is a negative because thats the point of the car but with a girlfriend whos 200 miles away, all these motorway miles have took some of the shine off. The droaning noise in 5th at 85 drives me mad. The howl long noise nipping past crawlers in front doing 40 in a 60 however..... thats good but its perhaps outweighed by the lack of refinement... Im not having a dig at the dc2.....I get it, its raw, its noises its light as a feather and I love the thing....but I am looking at other options.

The dc5 ticks some logical boxes from the cost of the car to the economy to the 6 gears, a better engine and a more modern feel.vs evos etc which are complex and pretty expensive to run.

Am I alone in thinking the integra is a teenagers car???

Anybody else thought that. I got the dc2 when I was........26 and wonder if Ive outgrown them kinds of cars now :? My dad does tell me I need to get a 'sensible' car........ jesus.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Bought my first dc2 at 25 and sold my 3rd one at 31. I'm 36 now and on my 2nd dc5. The current one I've had 4 years now and can't think of anything to replace it. On average I got an extra 40-60 miles out of each tank full of fuel compared to the DC2. It's still not completely quiet on long journeys and the seating position isn't as good for me on long journeys in the dc5 gives me leg/back ache that I didn't get in the 2. ( could just be me) when I part ex'd it for my first 5 I drove 300 miles and got out fresh as a daisy,on way back had to stop every 70 miles. I've gotten more used to it now and can cover 150 before needing to stretch my legs.

Jvzr

Advanced Member
moodyedge said:
Yeah it does sound like an obvious step. Had the dc2 for 5 years and cant fault it. Can't say the rawness is a negative because thats the point of the car but with a girlfriend whos 200 miles away, all these motorway miles have took some of the shine off. The droaning noise in 5th at 85 drives me mad. The howl long noise nipping past crawlers in front doing 40 in a 60 however..... thats good but its perhaps outweighed by the lack of refinement... Im not having a dig at the dc2.....I get it, its raw, its noises its light as a feather and I love the thing....but I am looking at other options.

The dc5 ticks some logical boxes from the cost of the car to the economy to the 6 gears, a better engine and a more modern feel.vs evos etc which are complex and pretty expensive to run.

Am I alone in thinking the integra is a teenagers car???

Anybody else thought that. I got the dc2 when I was........26 and wonder if Ive outgrown them kinds of cars now :? My dad does tell me I need to get a 'sensible' car........ jesus.
Thats why i left my dc2 standard, with all my daily driving i was fearing a long groan driving 90minutes each way , 5 days a week would ruin the car for me.
My dc2 never left me down but felt it was time for a step up once i had the money.

The dc2 does seem a lot more youngish over the dc5, but wouldnt put it down as a teenagers car, id consider GT turbos etc as teenagers, never taught about it like that with the dc2, but the dc5 definately ticks alot more "sensible" box.

id try an evo first but it wasnt for me at all,

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Jvzr said:
Thats why i left my dc2 standard, with all my daily driving i was fearing a long groan driving 90minutes each way , 5 days a week would ruin the car for me.
My dc2 never left me down but felt it was time for a step up once i had the money.

The dc2 does seem a lot more youngish over the dc5, but wouldnt put it down as a teenagers car, id consider GT turbos etc as teenagers, never taught about it like that with the dc2, but the dc5 definately ticks alot more "sensible" box.

id try an evo first but it wasnt for me at all,
My dad bought an evo 6 when they first came out.....it was epic.....but they are getting old too. I always liked the 7 even though many slated it. The mines evo 7 in eisen grey from an old touge battle looks great ......, with a few simple tweak it can really look the dogs, lowered a tad and some anthracite speedline turini and they look pin sharp, prefer the interior to the 6 aswel, again a tad more modern.....the prices lately though much like many imports are getting a bit silly. The markets picked up and the prices along with it. My dc2 is pretty much standard and very clean and thats how Id want to keep it. Many have naff parts booked on and are tatty, mine isnt.

Never sat in a dc5. Theres been one or two around here over the years which is one or two too many in my opinion but Ive never driven one. I wouldn't like drive along and see the exact same car go by on the other side, pet peeve!

Always wanted an r32 gtr, wish id bought one 6 years ago because they have rocketed. Again though, an even older car than I have now and Id rather go the other way....a bit newer the best motoring gtchannel battles showed the real ability of the dc2 over such cars, the fly weight really makes it a surprising car compared to the canal boat gtr. Anyway.........

Theres something about honda that really appeals to me more than mitsubishi and nissan, not sure what it is but that the case.

moodyedge

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Bought my first dc2 at 25 and sold my 3rd one at 31. I'm 36 now and on my 2nd dc5. The current one I've had 4 years now and can't think of anything to replace it. On average I got an extra 40-60 miles out of each tank full of fuel compared to the DC2. It's still not completely quiet on long journeys and the seating position isn't as good for me on long journeys in the dc5 gives me leg/back ache that I didn't get in the 2. ( could just be me) when I part ex'd it for my first 5 I drove 300 miles and got out fresh as a daisy,on way back had to stop every 70 miles. I've gotten more used to it now and can cover 150 before needing to stretch my legs.
Does it have a larger capacity tank?

Leg and back ache? Oh dear........that could be a deal breaker.........Why do you think that is? Ive got a bad back and have for half my life...... so driving is my enemy anyway really..bodies are designed to move, not sit in one position for a long time, especially a slumped position with 1000s of minute compressions on top of that.... so if I go to see the gf I get out half way and have a 10 min break and get the limbs moving. The seats are the same so whats the difference? ? Are they a harder ride? Or is it a leg room issue? Im 6'3 and find the seat adjust on the 2 is ok. I have the seat one, maybe two clicks from all the way back. Is the seat rail lower???

The dc2 isnt a rolls by any means......depends, some trips I ache, others are not so bad.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Same size 50l tank,it's the 6th gear that helps the most with fuel economy. As for leg ache and back ache not everyone has same issue as me. The seats are virtually the same but ever so slightly different. I think it's more of a position thing as in how they are mounted.I had a low seat rail on my first one and hated it so got rid. Not sure what the answer is. In answer to your question yes the dc5 does have harder ride than the DC2,even with eibach springs fitted which are softer than oem when cruising it's still no limo but perfectly acceptable. It's all personal experience and I advise you try one first. Wherever you are in the country I'm sure there will be someone on here willing to let you have a proper look and a passenger ride

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Has anybody with a pre face lift debadged/degrilled the front bumper?. Im already changing it and I havent decided to get one yet......

moodyedge

Advanced Member
MissMyDC2 said:
Sounds like you need to get some time in DC5. Where are you based?
Then problem is, im in north west cumbria...ive seen one up this end and thats it....

TyperItr

Advanced Member
To Debadge the front geill you need to cut out the front badge and mould a new grill with Fiberglass

moodyedge

Advanced Member
......with the pros and cons in mind you'd think it would progress towards a decision but that doesnt seem to be the case.

I wish I could have both....a 2 and a 5....but I cant. I think if the dc5 had more bhp and less weight then it would have raised more eyebrows....same could be said for the dc2 but I guess handling is their forte.....we always want just a bit more of course.....more power, more performance etc.....

Part of the appeal of integras for me is that they can outperform bigger cars....some of them best motoring videos show these battles and the type r always has its say.. A car that performs without having to say much about the fact......

What are peoples views on the multi link suspension being dropped for the dc5?

I watched one if the initial read tests and the guy from honda said its getting hard to make cars like this now, with all the safety and emissions regulations. If they developed the dc2 now and tried to get it to market these days, they wouldnt be able to get it approved. The fact they built the dc5 from scratch shows how well they did to get anywhere near that classic dc2 reputation. On one hand I think the dc5 has huge potential but on the other I think......why buy a dc5 and spend on it to get it more like a dc2? That is simply flawed logic on my part.

The best motoring tuned dc2 v dc2 v dc5 v dc5 made quite an impression on me when I saw it.

Im giving myself a headache!

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Id be after one with some good modifications rather than fund any changes myself but there doesnt seem to be many around. Importing seems like a faff and Id look for one thats already here.....would have to be rust free and well looked after with sub 75k on the clock

Rob R

Advanced Member
I don't know why people get so hung up on mileage nowadays. Mines on nearly 106k miles and is probably in as good a condition aesthetically and mechanically as cars with half the mileage.

I'd rather buy a high miler from here where you can see the history, knowing an enthusiast has owned it than a low/average miler with little to no history being sold by a 21 year old in a tracksuit.

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Rob R said:
I don't know why people get so hung up on mileage nowadays. Mines on nearly 106k miles and is probably in as good a condition aesthetically and mechanically as cars with half the mileage.

I'd rather buy a high miler from here where you can see the history, knowing an enthusiast has owned it than a low/average miler with little to no history being sold by a 21 year old in a tracksuit.
The japanese get very hung up on mileage which is why the prices for lower miles cars go silly. You are making the assumption that Im talking about buying a car from a chav.....not the case, Im not as daft as I look.

My cars 18 years old and hasnt hit 106 k yet

Rom

Advanced Member
Hes saying mileage doesnt mean its a good car.

For a start, half the DC5 for sale claim to 'be a mix of km and miles'. All can have the odometer adjusted. Or claim to be only converted recently despite being in the UK for years.

Theres plenty of (general cars Im talking about) low mileage cars, that arent in good condition, or havent been looked after. There are plenty of high milers, that are in great condition. Its about getting the right car, not just looking for mileage. I mean would you turn down a car that ticks every box, is in great condition, price, mods etc. Just because it has 10k more?

Maybe a DC5 isnt for you. You dont seem that sold on one.
Theres a lot of comparisons floating around. Most will agree the DC2 is rawer. Partly down to the B series. Ive seen somewhere, that offically the 5 was a second quicker than the 2 i think around Tsukuba. But there isnt even an offical 0-60 for the DC5, so who knows whats truth and whats marketing.
They are different cars, a successor isnt always a logical replacement for everyone.
Id have, and was actually looking for an EK9, but id never touch an EP3. Nor would i want an FN2. I dont particularly the FD2.

The 5 is a better all round car to me. But i was never that fond of the 2. Ive only driven a couple, and on the road, but wasnt blown away compared to my at the time, EF8.
For me, the 5 is fine for my daughter, has a ample boot, isnt bad on fuel on a run, looks much newer and better overall. Has a less stoneage interior, a bit more grown up and refined.
It can still be an animal, but it has an off mode that can just be a bit sensible. Partly down to the K Series, its crossover, and iVtec.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
I've had my DC 5 five years. Had a DC 2 before that for six years. I'm known locally as the silver haired boy racer. Coming up 72 later this year. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk