moving on ...

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
C&S Evo7 said:
i dont really want one in any condition, but dont mind if its missing an engine as i can deal with that, Andy's are mostly crashed or cat d's i dont really want anything that bad, normally dc5 owners will sell their cars for sensible money which is why i havent put up a wanted post, i dont want a total wreck and dont have enough money for something decent normally. maybe i'll put an ad up after reading this
You may get lucky and find an idiot ;)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
You know what they say Si! If you don't ask you don't get! Got to be worth trying.

Trouble is maybe everyone else will get the same idea now. I'm sure we'll all take a DC5 for £250 :D

I know most of Andy's cars would be unsuitable but a lot of DC5's traded in will go through auctions and I don't know if he may pick up the odd one via that route where it has a blown/knocking engine etc. I'm sure one went for about £3,200 on ebay not that long ago with a blown engine. I'll keep an eye out for you xthumbup

boz5r

Advanced Member
idiot? i take it thats aimed at me ! i wont give a nasty reply as im above that mate !.

Brophy

Advanced Member
boz5r said:
idiot? i take it thats aimed at me ! i wont give a nasty reply as im above that mate !.
You can see where he's coming from though lol

If it is genuine and you did sell your FULL DC5 for £250?

One of the recaros in good condition is worth that alone lol

Budders_DC5

Advanced Member
Post some pictures of it please! Be good to see what it actually looked like for £250!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Thought I'd post this in here rather than create a new thread.

My car has been up for sale for a good month or so with little to no interest. I know the reasons why this is is because the car isn't in A1 condition.

I'd like another DC5 but preferably in white or black. I have a plan now that I'm in a slightly better paid job until January. Rather than invest in some mods for mine (Plans were new pads, FRSU and a correction detail). Save this money up and continue to sell mine and then get a slightly better one, hopefully with some mods around the end of the year.

I know I may need to lose out a bit on mine as realistically I'm not going to get what I want for it but do people think I could get a nice example for around £7400? Prefacelift obviously. That or should I just keep mine as I'm not duly unhappy with it, would just prefer another.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I've not had much interest mate. To be honest though it's always a buyers market and if they aren't in a rush they can wait for someone whose desperate to sell and willing to drop a lot of the asking price. This thread is evidence of that!!

I've put way too much effort in to mine to let it go for stupid money so either it sells for what I want or I keep it.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
That is crazy, really thought yours would have gone by now tbh.

Can't blame you one bit mate, it's an exemplary example it really is. The amount of work you have put into that car too, it's shame you have to sell but you're in a good position as you know what it's worth and you're in no rush to sell either.

Wish I could have it but I don't have the money right now and I won't get what I want for mine either.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
You'll both get there in time :)

I on the other hand really want someone to take me out in their ek9, so I can really really hate and destest every part of it and remove the lust I have for one atm. Haha. Its one thing after another with mine atm, only this driveshaft issue I have has really sucked the love out of me for it this month. Lol oh well, that's the pain we go through with these cars at the end of the day, just can't wait to get my louder exhaust back on, fix this issue next month, sort my power steering pump out and give it a good thrashing to re kindle that love again.

But any way, I'm rambling. they will go eventually. :)

kazmo

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Thought I'd post this in here rather than create a new thread.

My car has been up for sale for a good month or so with little to no interest. I know the reasons why this is is because the car isn't in A1 condition.

I'd like another DC5 but preferably in white or black. I have a plan now that I'm in a slightly better paid job until January. Rather than invest in some mods for mine (Plans were new pads, FRSU and a correction detail). Save this money up and continue to sell mine and then get a slightly better one, hopefully with some mods around the end of the year.

I know I may need to lose out a bit on mine as realistically I'm not going to get what I want for it but do people think I could get a nice example for around £7400? Prefacelift obviously. That or should I just keep mine as I'm not duly unhappy with it, would just prefer another.
not trying to be funny marc, but... with all the moaning and complaining you have done about your car i would be very surprised if you had any interest at all from anyone on here tbh..

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
not trying to be funny marc, but... with all the moaning and complaining you have done about your car i would be very surprised if you had any interest at all from anyone on here tbh..
Ha ha! You're probably right mate and it has crossed my mind.

I think perhaps I've been a bit too negative or even too honest in a way. There are people on here that can vouch for my car and have listened to it and have said it's fine.

As I'm selling I don't want to lie to anyone as it's not fair on people that are buying it. I've been shafted myself with it as you well know so it's not fair on anyone else to suffer from problems but to be honest, bar the crap brakes, torn arch liner and the back end bodywork the car is fine. I'm not saying it's perfect, far from it but I'd be confident enough to say that mechanically it's as good if not better than most of the cars on this forum now that it's had all the work done but I can see where you're coming from.

I'd want people to judge the car for themselves.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
You'll both get there in time :)

I on the other hand really want someone to take me out in their ek9, so I can really really hate and destest every part of it and remove the lust I have for one atm. Haha. Its one thing after another with mine atm, only this driveshaft issue I have has really sucked the love out of me for it this month. Lol oh well, that's the pain we go through with these cars at the end of the day, just can't wait to get my louder exhaust back on, fix this issue next month, sort my power steering pump out and give it a good thrashing to re kindle that love again.

But any way, I'm rambling. they will go eventually. :)
I like them mate but it would feel 'old' compared to the Teg, it really would but they are a cracking little motor but the whole engine, driving characteristics are completely different to the DC5 and the K20, not sure whether you'd want to change after going in one but I do love them and the engines in them.