Moving to NA

Todd

Well Hello, my name's Todd, 26yrs old (27 next month) and Live in Kent

Don't currently own a DC5 but am looking to buy one in the next few months hopefully. I currently own a S14A 200SX, was running around 290-300hp, then the head cracked in about 7 places, so decided was time to build a monster. So bought all the forged internals, management, injectors, etc to build a 400hp minumum car. But have now lost interest in ploughing £k's into a 13 year old car. So am selling up in search of something newer and more refined, and have my heart pretty much set on a DC5. I am a little concerned that i will get bored with the lack of power compared to my 200, but i'm sure the car will make up for it in so many other ways. I have couple of friends that drive DC2's and they absolutely rave about them.

So I've joined up here, firstly as a member of 200 owners club, sxoc, i know the best place to look to buy a looked after example is from an owners club, and secondly to get any pointers on what i should be looking for and checking has been done, etc.

Well that's about it.

Cheers in advanced :xyes:

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Welcome :)

Some buying guides etc on here so im sure youd find the info you need. I love my DC5 to bits, occasionally i do wish i had abit more power but being a rare beaut it is makes up for it and its also a joy to drive :D

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Welcome along,Todd.

What colour do you have in mind?

Any pics of the S14A 200SX,to share?

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Welcome mate. Keep in mind the handling and not the straight line speed of the 5 ;)

Todd

yeah that's what i'm thinking off. I want to get into my track days more, but in the 200 even tho it has the power on the straights, if you give it some coming out of a bend it just slides. Drifting is also a whole lot of fun. They are very fast cars, i've had 171 on the sat nav (off clock at 160) But time to move on now me thinks. Before the 200 i had a punto gt, awesome little pocket rocket lol

MarkyD

Advanced Member
A dc5 with sensible mods is more than a match for grin factor than a 400hp s14 imo. The best thing is you can use its full potential without turning all the oily bits into iron filings.

Todd

The standard sr20det can take over 400hp on standard internals tho mate, its a well over engineered engine.

Out of curiosity, who are the best people to contact regarding insurance in these, as just done quick quote with elephant and didn't really like what came up lol.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Typically the two most popular are Sky and A Plan but have a look in the Insurance section mate for the most up to date info.

Todd

i'll give sky a call as i know i get discount with them for being a paid up member on sxoc