Mph convertor

timsdc5

Hi guys, not long bought a Dc5 and new to the forum. Looks a great place for info.

My car is still in kph and I'm looking for one of the convertors to slow the vss pulse down so the speedo reads in mph. Anyone have any recommendations?

I've looked into building one myself as I work in electronics and i have found a few chips that should do the job.

However probably more professional to buy a proper job.

Secondly is there anywhere that can convert the odometer to miles and I'm not keen on the kilometer/miles split. Albeit me worrying too much

Thanks in advance

Tim

WiganSam

timsdc5 said:
Hi guys, not long bought a Dc5 and new to the forum. Looks a great place for info.

My car is still in kph and I'm looking for one of the convertors to slow the vss pulse down so the speedo reads in mph. Anyone have any recommendations?

I've looked into building one myself as I work in electronics and i have found a few chips that should do the job.

However probably more professional to buy a proper job.

Secondly is there anywhere that can convert the odometer to miles and I'm not keen on the kilometer/miles split. Albeit me worrying too much

Thanks in advance

Tim
I‘ve come across this and if you read the description it says at the bottom they can convert the km into miles.

https://torque-gt.co.uk/product/speedometer-converter-chip/

I‘ve decided to keep mine how it is and I‘m having a think about putting some small tidy stickers on the speedo at speeds equivalent to 30, 40, 50, 70mph. Just to make it easier haha

Torque GT

Parts Trader
We can supply the converter chip and convert the Odo reading over from KM's to miles. It does mean you'd need to remove the dash cluster and send it to us, but we can usually turn them around within a day or two at most so you're only without the car for a few days. We usually post the cluster back along with the converter so you can install everything in one go. Drop me a PM if you're interested :)