Mph/kph decal in cluster

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Hi

Just wondering what people have done to their kph decal that's just below the speedo.

When the car came over Torque GT put an MPH sticker over the top and it started to peel away last year so I took it off.

My MOT is due next Monday at Honda so I'm guessing they will want this rectified before then?

So has anyone done anything different than sticking something over the top of the kph decal?

Thanks

Fez

Advanced Member
Mine just has a little black sticker (i'm guessing), over the 'K' so it just says m/h. Looks okay to me.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Pretty sure Torque-GT just scribbled mine out with a marker, seeing as the K** is still slightly visable from the cluster lights, haha.

Interest in this thread also.

-james-

Same. My Torque GT supplied car has the 'k' covered with some silver paint/pen. It is quite a close colour match but not 100% Looks neat though.

DC5RS

DC5
I would be very upset if they wrote with a pen on a fresh imported car. Just my opinion sticker would be better cause it just peels off and is not permanent.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Back in the days of when I owned a celica, owners went for custom guages

Some could be like oem but freshened up one way or another to match new led lights to replace the orange

spooke

Advanced Member
When I was having mine imported I was going to ask them not to paint over it and I was going to get a bit of silver vinyl to cover it. Going to pick off the paint and use a piece of silver vinyl to cover it so it gives a cleaner finish.

OliverV

why not just buy a RSX cluster and transfer the speedo part over to the ITR cluster?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
OliverV said:
why not just buy a RSX cluster and transfer the speedo part over to the ITR cluster?
Looking at the cluster when it was out it doesn't look like you can split just the speedo part apart from the rest.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Mine was imported by Crawford cars and as above the K is covered by a white decal. You can still see the K in certain lights haha.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
So I'm guessing for an MOT the K needs to be covered up? Or is this just for the SVA test? The speedo reads in MPH so I guess it could be misleading if left with a KPH sticker.