MTEC Industries Trans Race Springs

opulent

Advanced Member
Hi
tonight i was looking around on the RSX forum and some across a thread to do with cleaning up 'slop' in the gear box. this is quite annoying i think. a lot of them seem to rate a race springs by a company called MTEC Industries. Not heard anything about them before. do they apply for the Type R gearbox?

Link the MTEC website

Thread i found out about the company

They charge £37 inc. postage to the UK for race springs and pivot ball so could work out a cheap worth while mod to do think to the gear box..

they also give a installation instructions and it seems quite easy tbh

anton1234

Advanced Member
hi I fitted the sports version about a year ago and there is a noticeable difference, I would imagine the Race version would be overkill for a daily as the sports if stiff enough, wasn't to hard to change either and arrived within 3 days from America so IMO a worthwhile mod for 50quid ( you will need a tube of hondabond or similar)

Anton

Rob-bob

Advanced Member
I've been wondering about changing something with my shifter. The box isn't quite what I want. What's the other affordable options?

opulent

Advanced Member
anton1234 said:
hi I fitted the sports version about a year ago and there is a noticeable difference, I would imagine the Race version would be overkill for a daily as the sports if stiff enough, wasn't to hard to change either and arrived within 3 days from America so IMO a worthwhile mod for 50quid ( you will need a tube of hondabond or similar)

Anton
oh right i see. i plan on getting a tegiwa short shifter so the two together make it to stiff because the shorter throws. i'll have a think

Rob-bob said:
I've been wondering about changing something with my shifter. The box isn't quite what I want. What's the other affordable options?
Tegiwa short shifter seems to be popular. its a small bit of kit for the money but seems to do the trick nicely..

Rob-bob

Advanced Member
All I'm worried about, is other cars owned/driven with short shifters made it worse! But they were cheap kits on rwd cars

Brophy

Advanced Member
I've had both the tegiwa and now have the buddyclub short shifter.<br /><br />Would personally say they feel the same :p but one costs £50 and the other £150 lol