Mtec....

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Thought I would order some gold edition brake disks from Mtec. I choose to go for the grooved only option as they look lovely.
They arrived today and are grooved and drilled???
Should I send them back or are drilled ok to use for road? Not sure if they look abit boy racer

alan-lee

Advanced Member
I wouldnt see a big problem with them being drilled other than the fact you asked for grooved only...

The cost of shipping them back because of the size and weight of the box would concern me also.. But i supposed theyd have to reimburse you this anyway..

Up to yourself.. I went for dimpled and grooved and i think they look cool

C2AXG

Advanced Member
if they send me some more out and arrange a corrier to pick up the wrong ones then happy days just annoyed they couldn't get that simple order right.
Thought Mtec were decent. Let me down on my first order!!!

k20_irf

Advanced Member
Yep they let me down too. I ordered blank discs. I received grooved.
They picked up the grooved and replaced with correct ones.!

Dannymean

Advanced Member
Just keep an eye on the drilled holes as I've seen a fair few Mtec discs crack between the holes , just a heads up :)

C2AXG

Advanced Member
there going back regardless then. I just want them to send me what I ordered first then they can have back these ones and try and sell them to someone else. just frustrating as I only took some machinist to follow the order but he got happy with the milling machine :xstupid:

Rom

Advanced Member
Dannymean said:
Just keep an eye on the drilled holes as I've seen a fair few Mtec discs crack between the holes , just a heads up :)
That goes for all drilled discs. The very nature of having holes in a disc promotes cracking. My bosses AMG merc has started cracking the OEM ones, and its just a road car.

I had faultless service from Mtec. My rear discs both have some marks wearing in them, though thats unlikely the discs fault.

Also Yodel do next day on 20kg for about £10. But ofc, Mtec should sort it.

C2AXG

Advanced Member
They sorted me out the next day they send out some new ones the correct spec and the same delivery driver took back the wrong ones..
Excellent service