Much difference between...

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
Right people,

i need a set of 4 tyres on the teg,

i've currently got the bridgestone potenza RE050 on which i do like.

Now is there a great difference between the RE050 and the RE070 :xconfused:

There isn't a great deal of money between them and would i notice much difference, the car is used as my daily driver and i'm not going to be getting any track time this year.

Thank you, Craig

:)

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I would also like to know this too I have re050a's on mine and have been looking at the re070, I think the grip in the dry would be better as they seem to be semi slick on the outer side of the tyre, plus they are also a 225 width, not too sure about how they will be in wet conditions.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
When i was looking for new tires i spent ages searching forums etc, most people preferred the re70's to the 50's as they felt the grip was better, i guess because they are more of a semi slick.

I ended up getting F1 XL asymmetric's and they are amazing and only cost £105 a corner fitted :) I would love to be able to compare to the 50's or 70's to see if i can feel any difference for the extra £25 a corner.

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
Well i ended up getting the RE050 which cost me about 107.00 inc vat per corner off my supplier, i did think abouth the f1's and the RE070 but the 070 looked more of a summer tyre than an all rounder and i was impressed how the 050 gripped with the winter conditions O:)