Muck Off

Wootty

Advanced Member
While I'm waiting for the replacement scissor plate for my broken JRSC belt tensioner I thought I'd give the engine bay a clean - plus it was covered in coolant from when it snapped and boiled over (on the way to brands last Saturday).

So looking under the sink for all sorts of cleaner to use I thought I'd try the Muck Off cleaner I use on the Mountain Bike. Sprayed it all over the engine bay then out with the jet wash and Blummin hell.....

Sparkly clean rocker cover :shock:

I've been trying for ages to get that blummin red lump clean and then suddenly it just washes clean away....

So Good tip - for that clean engine bay you can eat your warmed up pasties off at the trackdays - just MUCK OFF

http://www.muc-off.co.uk/bicyclemuc-off.html

Now just got to let it dry out today and tomorrow so that when the part comes i can fit it and then pray that the head gasket's not gone :shock: :cry:

kingston

Advanced Member
i didnt think you was meant to wash the engine bay down in such away or is that an old wives tale?

Wootty

Advanced Member
kingston said:
i didnt think you was meant to wash the engine bay down in such away or is that an old wives tale?
Depends on how long you got to let it dry out before you fire it up - I'm in no rush and its been getting wet anyway while its parked up with the bumper off.

Just dont do it at the local jet wash and expect to drive out of the garage straight away :lol:

Did my sons too and had a few moments there where it was only running on 3 cyclinders. A bit of warm from the engine and some wd40 on the plug leads and all was fine in about 30 mins :lol:

dan the man

Advanced Member
ive used CD2 from halfords many a time and just hosed it off gently and started it up to dry it off and been fine.

Just dont go daft spraying it everywhere.