Mugen 70mm Throttle body

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Having a question about the Mugen 70mm throttle body.
On the dutch Type R forum, there is someone who is trying to buy a batch of Mugen throttle bodies.
And is looking for more people who are interested in the Mugen throttle bodies. So he can organise
a groupbuy. I have never heard of the Mugen throttle body, and after a long search I found out that
they are used by JAS motorsports with the euro Mugen engine.
So i'm interested in getting one for my DC5 \:D/

Who is using a Mugen throttle body?

If I have the technical specs and pictures I will post here. Maybe more people are interested in these.
And we can include it in the groupbuy ;)

celox performance

Advanced Member
As LeeH says.

It's not a cheap way to gain 1-2bhp by the time you've bought the throttle body and had it mapped. I was disappointed after fitting my J's throttle body :(

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
Well getting any power from N/A is hard work, ](*,) so you cant expect too much from a bigger hole for air to go through. It all comes into play when you add cams and flow work to the head.

Cheers

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Thanks all for you're replies,

I've heard that the price would be around the €475-€500.
I think i skip this one and buy the Mugen rear lip instead \:D/ .
When I have the pictures and specs of the throttle body I will post them over here.

Our 70mm TB is billet Alloy and does exactly the same job for £250+vat.(used on 2008 Time Attack car).
If you use a modded RBC it makes a lot of difference.
Regards,
Paul,
BuddyclubUK 01772 299820.

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Paul is that a BC Throttle body or a modified one for the RBC?

What sort of gains/improvements would you typically expect to see with one of these?

Our 70mm throttle body is not a modifies one like other manufacturers, it is made from a solid billet of alloy 4" square.
It is carefully turned and milled to exact dimensions, We tried and tested it on our TA car last year,
It fits directly onto an RBC without the need for a convertor plate.Gains are dependant on what other mods you have but we saw 4bhp gain on our engine.over and above the RBC gains.

Paul,

Yep,
Every HP counts. :D
But still dependant on the level of mods, the more other mods you have, the less HP each further mod might make,
i.e. a TB on a std car might make more difference that a TB on a modified car, This is obvious,because you always exploit some of the available gains by doing other mods... if you added all the claimed HP up from all the mods available,youd be up to 400hp. NA.
our gain was on a Race engine with all other mods and hp exploited already. call me if you want one 01772 299820.we have them in stock right now. 8)

Paul,
Goodnight all...

JDC5

Charged DC5
Hi Paul

Will the throttle body that your selling fit onto the Jackson racing supercharger kit for the dc5? As I was planning to get the j's racing one

Jus need more info about the fitment really

Cheers

Jd

It bolts directly to an RBC manifold, it will not fit a std manifold, the pipe size is 75mm on the other side.
regards,
Paul,

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
When I install the Buddyclub throttle body, can I still use my SFS induction hose that connects to the Gruppe M?
And do you have some information/pictures for me (or by PM). And do you ship to Europe???
Cheers.
Johan

Johan,
bring the car to us and we will measure it and compare it to the details i have told you,
or measure it yourself and decide, :)
We ship to Europe for £15 to £20 per single box ,max 30kg.

regards,
Paul,