Mugen airbox and Mugen engine brace

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Has anyone fitted both a Mugen air box and a Mugen front brace?

Just wondering if they will fit together / are there any fitment issues?

Thanks
Sam

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Shouldn't be, they should fit like a glove. Mugen stuff is a really good quality fit, and I highly doubt they would design something for this car that wouldn't work with their other products.

Although take your time with the airbox, its a complete pig to fit its so tight. It's easy for some people to loose their patience, haha.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Thanks for the reply bud!

I was thinking this, I just got worried that I'd buy it and it wouldn't fit!

I've heard its a right biatch to fit, know where there are any guides? I've had a search but am struggling to find anything!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Oh its easy to fit....just doesn't gonon very easily haha its a perfect fit so requires alot of wiggling and fettling really. Straight forward though, only three bolts holding it in place, (apart from those on the lid too) and that's pretty much it....lining up the intake hoses however....thats where the fun starts haha its a tight fit. No real guides though, arm yourself with the swear jar and a beer, then crack on

p1tse

Advanced Member
I've got a silicone intake hose which had oem box, forgot to ask previous owner if he swapped out the hose as it needed to be cut to fit the mugen box I have now

Echo Jimmer's words, mugen should all fit and compliment each other

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Job done!

Was a hell of a lot easier than I thought it would be!

Couldn't quite get the long bolt to sit flush tho so it is slight loose but doesn't seem to effect anything,

Apart from that looks and sounds great!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Good good. Alot of people slate the mugen as a glorified oem....it's nothing alike. It does make a small intake noise, but its sophisticated rather than lairy. Means you can hear your exhaust better. Hehe

You'll enjoy how smoothly it revs now too. Very progressive rather than punchy. Ive had lots over the years and been in tegs with others....and this is one of my favourites. Personal opinion of course :p

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Yeah there's a little noise and a little grunt at vtec change over that I'm sure wasn't there before, and I like it!

So far I think it's smoother for sure, as you said progressive not punchy, and the make up of the filter is totally different inside to oem so it's bound to be different lol

Haha, sophisticated, love it! 🙏

kyle'87

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
Yeah there's a little noise and a little grunt at vtec change over that I'm sure wasn't there before, and I like it!

So far I think it's smoother for sure, as you said progressive not punchy, and the make up of the filter is totally different inside to oem so it's bound to be different lol

Haha, sophisticated, love it!
Glad to see you got it fitted Sam!

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Thanks man, yeah easy as, was really worried about getting it to fit but with 2 people went straight in!

Started trying to arrange another meet too man if your up for it check out the meet section!