Mugen airbox

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Hi guys, i saw this for sale in the netherlands for a Very low price, seller claims it's a genuine mugen part. But i really doubt it, could you guys confirm whether it's genuine or not?image.jpg

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
As above, looks real. only thing that looks different is the original sticker has come off, and a "cheap" eBay sticker put in its place across the top. Make sure it has all the bolts/fixings etc.

Gareth88

Advanced Member
My car came with a mugen box when it was imported; has the same sticker:..on doesn't look as good as the normal logo and made me wonder if it was genuine as well ha

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Has a slightly different shape than the others. But it definatly is a mugen airbox! got it today, and the materials are equal. Seems that there are two versions. This one came of an EP3.

I got it for 150 euros, so i can't complain really.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
The only difference between the Mugen EP3 and Mugen DC5 airbox is the infeed afaik.
I Had one and sold it to an EP3 owner. The only part he couldn't use was the infeed scoop.

Koopje ;)

gaza4

Advanced Member
Honda-atr said:
The only difference between the Mugen EP3 and Mugen DC5 airbox is the infeed afaik.
I Had one and sold it to an EP3 owner. The only part he couldn't use was the infeed scoop.

Koopje ;)
any chance you still have contact with that guy??? in the infeed scoop is missing from my mugen intake, i just have some large diameter hose running to it

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
I sold it 5 years ago. When I bought the kit it was missing the scoop. I ordered the scoop at TDI North and the price wasn't that bad.

I don't think I have the number of the guy I sold it to, but I will check tonight

gaza4

Advanced Member
Honda-atr said:
I sold it 5 years ago. When I bought the kit it was missing the scoop. I ordered the scoop at TDI North and the price wasn't that bad.

I don't think I have the number of the guy I sold it to, but I will check tonight
ah i wouldnt be too hopeful after 5 years!!! haha

might have a look into TDI North though...

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
I've made my own bracket to mount the scoop. Mounted it today, it sounds absolutely amazing when VTEC engages!

ek4

Advanced Member
I had mugen intake on my ep3 decided on it over gruppe m etc as wanted a quiet intake with better throttle response along with slight power gains

Used it with fc design scoop for a while

Selling up now but as said only difference is scoop as ep3 one doesnt fit fc5