Mugen assist meters

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone owns Mugen assist meters and if they can tell me if this is a genuine housing!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spooke

Advanced Member
Are there any markings on the inside? Presumably with all the Genuine Mugen parts your car has, they are? :p

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
Looking to buy this and only picture I've got. Looks genuine but the lip on the bottom right looks odd

gurrik

I've been after the mugen assists for a while, where have you found some ? Asked at injentionimports says as they are discontinued very hard to find.

But yeh looking at that housing doesn't look like the ones from what I seen. I've seen tegiwa do a copy though.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
That is definitely not genuine, the one tegiwa do is an exact copy of the Mugen, purists will hate me for this but i know because the mould was taken from my genuine pod. Easiest thing to do is buy the tegiwa one and then buy the defi guage set with controller as the Mugen ones are just re-badged defi anyway. Or altrnatively spend years looking for a set like i did lol

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
I've missed out on three sets they do pop up time to time I'm just currently waiting for a set

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
That is definitely not genuine, the one tegiwa do is an exact copy of the Mugen, purists will hate me for this but i know because the mould was taken from my genuine pod. Easiest thing to do is buy the tegiwa one and then buy the defi guage set with controller as the Mugen ones are just re-badged defi anyway. Or altrnatively spend years looking for a set like i did lol
Hi mate can you take some pics of yours set up I would love to see some real photos rather than catalogue or promotion

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Sorry bud i keep meaning to take a pic for you but im never going to remember, i do have this pic from a while back though, sorry its not great...

If you're wondering what the little thing on the textured section is its a badge covering a small hole from where someone had previously mounted defi din guages.

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
Thanks mate that would piss me off if someone had mounted gauges like that but the mugen ones look incredible. IF you ever want to sell them hit me up ;-)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
delsoljon86 said:
Thanks mate that would urine me off if someone had mounted gauges like that but the mugen ones look incredible. IF you ever want to sell them hit me up ;-)

This is part of the problem with fitting them, once you have nobody wants to take them out due to the hole left behind, hence impossible to find haha

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
This is part of the problem with fitting them, once you have nobody wants to take them out due to the hole left behind, hence impossible to find haha

Mugen ones are stuck on ain't they?? With sticky pads? Or is the dash drilled for the wiring?