Mugen Brake Discs Review?

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Anyone had these before or using these brake discs? I need some new discs soon and was looking at these? Just wondering if these are better improvement than standard oem discs? I cant seem to justify spending the extra £300!! :shock: on buying Mugen ones.

bfettie

Hi,I know of a set at hyeline.com coming over very soon and they are£245 +vat,I think shipping could be free on them if you are interested.contact kenzo on 02920709191

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
I have them and have had them for just over 2 years. They do work. The brakes stay much cooler than stock thanks to the opening to vent heat and aid in cooling. What does this help with, braking performance. I have no substantiated data to say if they stop in a shorter span, but they mated with the Mugen pads (supposedly made by Project Mu) feel GREAT. And braking feel felt much improved over the stock rotors and pads.

I am soon going to be replacing my front rotors with some DBA Series 5000 2 piece rotors, just waiting to hear back from the company as to how I can place the order. The main reason, weight. With the aluminum hat it should shed quite a bit of rotational mass.

mikegsi

Staff member
DC5RK20A said:
I have them and have had them for just over 2 years. They do work. The brakes stay much cooler than stock thanks to the opening to vent heat and aid in cooling. What does this help with, braking performance. I have no substantiated data to say if they stop in a shorter span, but they mated with the Mugen pads (supposedly made by Project Mu) feel GREAT. And braking feel felt much improved over the stock rotors and pads.

I am soon going to be replacing my front rotors with some DBA Series 5000 2 piece rotors, just waiting to hear back from the company as to how I can place the order. The main reason, weight. With the aluminum hat it should shed quite a bit of rotational mass.
the discs paul g supplies are also two piece with an aluminium bell and are exceptionally light compared to stock

jonster

Advanced Member
Yes he does. Just tried them out in anger at Castle Combe recently and they were awesome. No fade or warp what so ever. Very impressed. These ones were second hand fron Paul after he had already done 5-6 track days with them. Best mod I've done on the Teg. Pair these with decent pads and you will not doubt the capabilities of the Brembo calipers ever again.

dan the man

Advanced Member
Do u mean the open Gate discs?

I have mUgen discs on the X but not open gate but so far so good with MU pads.

Id be getting the discs of Paul if i had a DC5. everyone raves :idea:

Paul G

Members
jonster said:
Yes he does. Just tried them out in anger at Castle Combe recently and they were awesome. No fade or warp what so ever. Very impressed. These ones were second hand fron Paul after he had already done 5-6 track days with them. Best mod I've done on the Teg. Pair these with decent pads and you will not doubt the capabilities of the Brembo calipers ever again.

Glad there still going well - or should that be stopping well :lol:

Small correction, they had done 8 T.days plus half a day wt me, so there now on 9.5 T.days + road miles & still no probs 8)

Paul.G