Mugen Bushes, Eiback Alignment, DBA 4000 Disc and Ferodo DS2500 Pads

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Just home from having this done by TDI South. They were very helpful down there.

The bushes were worn pretty bad so got them replaced with the Mugen ones. Already have the Eibach pro spring kit so got the camber bolts with the geometry done for fast road use. Unfortunately the camber arms for the rear were the wrong ones (DC2 arms in a box for DC5 arms) so its not complete today. Still feels a hell of a lot better now though.

Upgraded the front discs as well with the DBA 4000 slotted discs with Ferodo DS2500 pads. Going to wear them in a bit first but so far so good.

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
The exact same set up i've got (well getting) and it will be done by TDI south as well. Shaun and the guys down there are extremely helpful.

My DC5's already got the same DBA discs, DS2500 pads & uprated lines. Excellent stopping now from this set up, just a shame theres so much dust from pads.

It's going in next month for new top mounts, Mugen bushes & the eibach pro springs, bolts & camber arms. Can't wait to see how good this set up is with the Wavetrac LSD i've got in there already :xgrin:

Jack

josh92

The slotted dba 4000 did you get the t3 version? If so I just picked a brandnew pair up for 235 is that a good price for them
Sorry to jumpin on your convo.

josh.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
The t3 are the ones above, t2 are the older style ones with straight slots that's the only difference. I've got the T2 ones, brilliant.

josh92

Sweet I was just wondering if I have overpaid for them or not at 235? They look awesome and with the ferodo pads and braided hoses should work a treat

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
These Mugen bushes you speak of... Do they just replace the existing rubber ones similar to the Polybush ones?? (Cut out old, press in new kinda thing)

Cheers
James

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
josh92 said:
Sweet I was just wondering if I have overpaid for them or not at 235? They look awesome and with the ferodo pads and braided hoses should work a treat
Uga that's for a pair, I'd say bargain.

Should do, I've got DS3000 and braided hoses, works well on track.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Had a few days with the setup now and loving it. Wasn't too sure at first if the alignment felt a bit soft but I'm really liking it as it is now. Still need to get the rear done so it's not perfect yet but pulls away in a straight line better and feel really responsive.
Jimmer said:
These Mugen bushes you speak of... Do they just replace the existing rubber ones similar to the Polybush ones?? (Cut out old, press in new kinda thing)

Cheers
James
The Mugen ones just replace the stock ones similar to what they do with the polybush ones but better quality
josh92 said:
No that's a good price

mil1lion

Advanced Member
donkeykong said:
How can you say the mugen ones are better quality than other poly bushes, any sources on this?
According to Tom at TGM they had problems with the poly bushes. That and TDI recommending the Mugen ones too.

chrex

Advanced Member
Poly bushes are great whilst they last....but they have a tendancy to distort and soften with hard use over a shorter period of time.

That's why im going for the hardrace rubber ones, because they have a way better lifespan.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
donkeykong said:
Hope to see this for myself, i dont believe everything people say. A way to sell mugen bushes hehe
Yeah I don't know enough to know for sure but I just went with what they recommended. The Mugen bushes aren't that expensive anyway tbh.