Mugen coilovers

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Hey all,
You may have a read that I wad toying with selling the teg....which I don't want to do. It's justa few wee things that annoys me about it. I have mugen coilovers and they are firm. Well I think they are only ones I have had on the car. So what I want to know is what coilovers are not as harsh. Lots of bumpy roads around me :-(

Thanks

Jonny

Stylesa

Advanced Member
dont sell it just because the suspension is too firm...

Are coilovers a must? could always opt for spoon/eibach springs?

CJ DC5

Advanced Member
thomsojf said:
Hey all,
You may have a read that I wad toying with selling the teg....which I don't want to do. It's justa few wee things that annoys me about it. I have mugen coilovers and they are firm. Well I think they are only ones I have had on the car. So what I want to know is what coilovers are not as harsh. Lots of bumpy roads around me :-(

Thanks

Jonny
Why don't you gave Meister R coilovers a try? Very good feed back for CTR & DC2 fourm, sure you be able to get £600+ easy for your Mugen :wink:

CJ 8)

George K

Advanced Member
Mesiter R at 10 kg/mm front and rear look very stiff. Surely the easiest thing is to buy new springs for your mugen coil overs. In the UK fFaulkner have a wide range ex stock.

thomsojf

Advanced Member
That's another thing I have no idea how much the mugen coilovers are worth???

Also I have thought about getting standard suspension and getting differant springs. Or could I fit them to the mugen coilovers? Sorry I have no idea when it comes to suspension.

I've never heard of meister r are they a new company? I always like tried and trusted companies to be honest as you never make back no matter how much you spend.

Thanks

Jonny

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Cheers George,

What sort of springs are out their? What do people recommend?

Will it take a garage along time to fit these?

Thanks

Jonny

CJ DC5

Advanced Member
thomsojf said:
That's another thing I have no idea how much the mugen coilovers are worth???

Also I have thought about getting standard suspension and getting differant springs. Or could I fit them to the mugen coilovers? Sorry I have no idea when it comes to suspension.

I've never heard of meister r are they a new company? I always like tried and trusted companies to be honest as you never make back no matter how much you spend.

Thanks

Jonny
Have you read this? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32492

I had a look at the Mugen catalog, it state in Yen 325,500 for the N1 damper kit, work out £2,510 :eek: for some dampers, don't think they come with springs either (maybe wrong), are ther five way adjustable?

I say around £600~

CJ :green:

sinbad

Advanced Member
Which kit do you have?
I may contemplate swapping my Mugen Sport dampers/springs with your mugen kit. There designed for fast road use and IMO are perfect for that too.

thomsojf

Advanced Member
My kit aren't the 5 way adjustable ones. I'm not entirely sure what kind they are. Does anyone know how to upload iPhone pics as I can't do it. That way il post a couple of pics and you can tell me what ones they are.

Thanks

Jonny

sinbad

Advanced Member
thomsojf said:
My kit aren't the 5 way adjustable ones. I'm not entirely sure what kind they are. Does anyone know how to upload iPhone pics as I can't do it. That way il post a couple of pics and you can tell me what ones they are.

Thanks

Jonny

You need to sync it up with your PC.

Otherwise you can email them to me. i'll pm you now

CJ DC5

Advanced Member
I think they are could be just Mugen Sport suspension, as i known they are not adjustable damper, unlike the older version like DC2/EK9 etc, and price at 105,000 yen, work out only £808.00 new, used one about £300~450…

Are you total sure they are coilovers?

CJ

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Yeh pretty sure their coilovers as the have the mugen symbol on all 4 coilovers. Silver incolour with black springs.
Thought I had photos on the pc of them but can't seem to find them. Will take an alloy of tonight or tomorrow and see if I can get some photos on.

If it is the sport suspension...are these worth changing or not.

Jonny

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Yep that looks about right. Kl so what do you call them lol. I've never really looked into suspension, can you tell :oops:

Stoo

Whining.....
TECHNICALLY, they are COIL-OVER Strut suspension units. Coil sprinc and dampers.

However, coilovers are usually ride height adjustable units

The ones you have are simply macpherson strut type fixed ride height units
They may be damping/rebound adjustable but not height

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Ahh I see. That's what first jumped into my head when I saw that picture of them lol. I think I'm going to google the suspension types and start learning. Everyday is a school day lol.

Right so now I know they might be partially adjustable can someone give me advice on what coilovers or springs or something to help with softening of the ride.

Stoo

Whining.....
The DC5 doenst have coilovers as standard
it has a spring and damper, like the Mugen ones you have!!!