Mugen Header

Suped

Advanced Member
nice bit of kit especially if there's a CAT involved. The price tags abit steep though. :shock:

andyd

Advanced Member
Suped said:
nice bit of kit especially if there's a CAT involved. The price tags abit steep though. :shock:
Its not too badly priced to be honest.

Its the CAT your paying for...

Do u know how much a New OEM 2-1 Cat part is for the DC5 :shock:

You'll be in for a Shock....

If you take this in to account though, the header is very well priced.

Andy

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Wow that's serious sex. Might ditch the Toda on the Teg I'm getting and get one of these for the sake of practicality come MOT time.

dan the man

Advanced Member
the 2 zorsts side by side dont look like DC5 ones?

or is it me?

and that would compliment my twinloop perfectly. :D

Duncs

ok,
from what i can see looking at things, the Mugen collectors are set
1 & 4
2 & 3
where as the Toda is
1 & 3
2 & 4

any thoughts,

what if any is the difference?
as the header is so critical to improving performance does it affect the way the engine scavenges the exhaust gas, what are the gains/losses between the two?

Mersey_typeR

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
the 2 zorsts side by side dont look like DC5 ones?

or is it me?
Nope it's not you Dan. It's a K20A2 header and Mugen Header. You can clearly see why it's so crap on the Euro CTR, as it uses the same one, hence you get larger gains by swapping for a Toda on one.

I'd be cautious about reading too much into American Dyno sheets unless they are proven a few times over.

hondafreek

Advanced Member
Lovely stuff Dan! Where do you get this then? I'm interested. Also will this fit with the HKS exhaust i'm wanting too?

dan the man

Advanced Member
hondafreek said:
Lovely stuff Dan! Where do you get this then? I'm interested. Also will this fit with the HKS exhaust i'm wanting too?
cheers! sod Andy who put the pics up :lol: :lol:

and A2? are the zorsts THAT different :!:

Mersey_typeR

Advanced Member
Yup, the difference between the A and A2 headers are considerable.

From what I've read on CRSX numerous people have seen about 8-10wbhp gain with a DC5-R header, and another 10wbhp with a high quality race header. Thus you chaps won't see gains as large as A2 owners by swapping the header, as the DC5-R item is already far superior to what is found on A2's to start with. When I had a Toda Header fitted to my CTR it gained ~20wbhp, totally transformed the car.

This goes some way to explaining the power difference between the Euro CTR and the JDM CTR & DC5. The rest is down to cams, compression, inlet manifold and a slighter higher rev limit.