Mugen induction and strut brace issue - recommendations?

MorttisMachine

Evening, just had my Mugen induction kit fitted to my facelift DC5 and when accelerating the air-box is hitting the strut brace, it's a pretty horrendous noise even when accelerating gently.

Can anyone recommend a strut brace for my facelift DC5 that will clear the air-box and resolve the problem?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
You could always use a piece of foam or Velcro to stop it making a noise for a temporary solution?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

MorttisMachine

I'll do that or remove the standard strut brace for now, either way it's going to damage the air-box over time so I need a permanent solution asap really.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
MortiisMachine said:
I'll do that or remove the standard strut brace for now, either way it's going to damage the air-box over time so I need a permanent solution asap really.
I've got a J's Racing strut brace on mine with a Gruppe M and I've got miles of clearance. Mugen strut braces sit high as well.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Here you can see how much clearance the J's gives you

Jvzr

Advanced Member
My mugen hit std strut so removed the strut.
Went for a Cusco OS with my tegiwa M and loads of clearance

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Remove strut brace. I replaced with a mugen one.

No other way I'm afraid, I tried for ages to stop it.

MorttisMachine

Johngreen537 said:
Remove strut brace. I replaced with a mugen one.

No other way I'm afraid, I tried for ages to stop it.

Thanks John, I have removed my stock one this morning. I'm guessing a Mugen one isn't cheap?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Depends how lucky you are, I paid 250 for the set but some people want almost double that.

If you are happy with reps you can get both on eBay for 112 quid.

MorttisMachine

I'll consider used or non-genunine as long as the quality is good and it does what it is supposed to. Any links you might have would be handy :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I have both in genuine and sold John my other rear genuine one, those replica ones look perfect to me and a mates looking for a rear and I tried getting him one the other day from Japan but just missed it and we were not happy to pay the offered price of £350 for a rear one from a fbook seller (it's a second hand bit of metal at the end of the day) and the only diff between that and the replica one is a sticker).

If you need the templates to fit the rear one I can send you some as I made some for mine that I never and still have not fitted lol. But honestly for the money and the job they do the replicas will be no diff to the original items (aside you'd be paying a lot less for them)...

MorttisMachine

carl hammond said:
I have both in genuine and sold John my other rear genuine one, those replica ones look perfect to me and a mates looking for a rear and I tried getting him one the other day from Japan but just missed it and we were not happy to pay the offered price of £350 for a rear one from a fbook seller (it's a second hand bit of metal at the end of the day) and the only diff between that and the replica one is a sticker).

If you need the templates to fit the rear one I can send you some as I made some for mine that I never and still have not fitted lol. But honestly for the money and the job they do the replicas will be no diff to the original items (aside you'd be paying a lot less for them)...
You now have me thinking about just going with a replica, like you say it's just metal. I only need the front one, do you think this will clear my Mugen air-box ok on my facelift DC5? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JDM-Honda-Integra-Acura-RSX-DC5-Front-Strut-Tower-Bar-Brace-MUGEN-style-02-06-/252856541195

Johngreen537

Advanced Member

p1tse

Advanced Member
My air box is from beppe facelift
I noticed it had markings on the top right, which I assume from reading these threads that the strut brace touched

PFL oem strut and mugen intake, no issues

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Was going to say that, can you fit an OEM pfl brace and a replica mugen one with the airbox? Added rigidity, the replica Mugen brace should go straight on with the PFL oem one also, John, do you know if the PFL oem one fits the FL or was it a different design for a reason and does not fit.