Mugen induction box and filter, Good?

willett

Im looking at buying one of these are they good?

Has anyone got one fitted? Good sound? BHP increase?

What sort of price is good for one?

Cheers

Attachments

P15UL T

Advanced Member
is that for the dc5 ?

is a lot different to mine, dont know anyone that has that one fitted :-k

willett

That was the picture on ebay i was looking at and they were advertising it for a DC5 at 380 pounds?

kingston

Advanced Member
Or save money, buy the injen and put whateever is left over to an exhaust :wink:

(p.s. did you know that the GruppeM on an M3 doesnt actually give you any bhp, ie you spend a grand and you get 0bhp :shock: )

hondafreek

Advanced Member
kingston said:
Or save money, buy the injen and put whateever is left over to an exhaust :wink:

(p.s. did you know that the GruppeM on an M3 doesnt actually give you any bhp, ie you spend a grand and you get 0bhp :shock: )
But we don't drive M3's. Our's have around 10bhp gain.

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
I also notice a product from 5zigen that guides the cool air from the front bumper to the air intake box. I believe using that with a performance drop in filter should yield good results. and since it will cost you less than 300 pounds for both i think i might go for that.

kingston

Advanced Member
hondafreek said:
kingston said:

But we don't drive M3's. Our's have around 10bhp gain.
Yes and injens are meant to have 12bhp increase but none of these figures re achievable unless you have the ecu remapped to cater for the extra air/fueling ratio

So theoretical 10bhp for £500 or theoretical 12bhp for £200

David Fox

Advanced Member
Yes and injens are meant to have 12bhp increase but none of these figures re achievable unless you have the ecu remapped to cater for the extra air/fueling ratio

So theoretical 10bhp for £500 or theoretical 12bhp for £200[/quote]

Kingston,

Could you tell us a bit more about the injen intake system, like where to get it from. Just got a DC5 so looking to make a few mods.

Cheers bud,

Dave