Mugen lip for PFL

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I know there are many threads about this already on here and on the RSX forum and the replica lip is the best option to take if fitting the PFL model.

I did go down that route and ended up with a replica that didn't fit and I wasn't really willing to then order one from the states that I may end up with the same problem and have to post it all the way back at my expense if it was unable to be fitted to the car.

So I decided to order a genuine Mugen lip which is still in transit and I was hoping to take the car to TGM to have this part fitted and sprayed along with some other parts however I was just browsing the forum and came across this thread which has worried me to say the least as the genuine lip wasn't cheap and I don't want to be messing people around sending it back to Japan etc.

The thread is from 2012 and I was wondering if anyone has actually managed to fit a genuine lip to the PFL model and if it really is impossible? Would TGM be able to fit this part?

Brophy

Advanced Member
It can be made to fit by a lot of modification. That's what Arfan (Rascal69) done to his, Voodoo bought it off him when he sold up.

I'm running the Autosource ones from the states and figment is spot on, I have seen other ones off American eBay and fitment isn't that great can see spaces gaps everywhere.

Just my personal experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Thanks guys both replies were helpful as now I know it is possible and I've seen pictures of it fitted to user Teggy_dc5's car.

It says in his thread however that he bought a bumper and modified the bumper to fit the Mugen lip rather than modifying the rear lip to fit the bumper.

This is something I'll have to look into. I'd rather not do this and avoid the cost of a new bumper than paying to have it coloured matched as well as the rear lip but if that's the only way to do it I guess I'll have to bite the bullet as this is something I really want on the car.