Mugen Lower Control Arms

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
What does anyone know about the Mugen Front lower control arms?

Are they just the same as the Type-R alloy one's with the Mugen harder bushes in them?

andyd

Advanced Member
Yes.

There lighter and give better handling due to the bushes being stronger on them.

Andy

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
So the actual arms are different too.

Most of the info I found on them was on US sites, which said they were lighter than the RSX Type-iS etc, but they come with different lower arms to the Type-R anyway, which comes with light alloy ones as standard.

Evs

Advanced Member
I'm not sure they'll be lighter tbh; the OEM ones are alloy and are very light. I'd expect the Mugen ones to be the same as the OEM ones but with harder bushes. I've got the Buddy Club ones on mine, which are the same sort of thing but with a pillow ball mount at the front instead of rubber. We compared them when they were being swapped over and the arms themselves were identical. Can't say for definite whether this is true for the Mugen ones though.

This is an excellent mod imho as I think the standard bushes are too soft and allow too much deflection of the front wheels. Turn-in is miles better with the replacement arms.

HTH?

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Energy Suspension do a set of Polly. bushes front and rear from Tokyo Express for about £100

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
I am looking for a new Front driver side lower arm anyway!!!

I noticed Takakaira are selling the Mugen ones. Does anyone know if the price is for a pair of arms?? If it is, then I'll prob buy them. :D

andyd

Advanced Member
AndyBITR said:
I am looking for a new Front driver side lower arm anyway!!!

I noticed Takakaira are selling the Mugen ones. Does anyone know if the price is for a pair of arms?? If it is, then I'll prob buy them. :D
Know there $575 a go from Kings MS

Andy

Evs

Advanced Member
Try e-mailing TK if it's not clear from the site - they respond quickly, are very helpful, and speak (well, type) good English IME. I'd expect the quoted prices to be each rather than for a pair, but it's worth asking... :idea:

[edit]

HTH

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
I asked about it through their site last night, but am still waiting for a response. Hope they get back ot me soon!!! :?

andyd

Advanced Member
you should of let me know. As i've just ordered loads of stuff from kings LOL

inc a new knob :shock:

Andy

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Did ur old one lose it's errrrrrrrrr knobiness after the crash!! :wink: :lol:

Has ur order already been placed with King MS??? Could a set of arms maybe work it's way into it too??

andyd

Advanced Member
AndyBITR said:
Did ur old one lose it's errrrrrrrrr knobiness after the crash!! :wink: :lol:

Has ur order already been placed with King MS??? Could a set of arms maybe work it's way into it too??
Nope, its just body work :D

Luckly.

Yes it has, but i am waiting for stock of some items :wink:

but i am very temped to get a set of these.

Andy

andyd

Advanced Member
AndyBITR said:
Unlike mine which got knicked when the insurance company had it in storage.......... :x

WHAT :shock: :shock:

i would of gone banana's if that happened!

Andy

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Phone paul at System R he has a pair of Mugen lower arms there he was going to fit to his ctr but didn't for some reason, I'm sure he said they were for sale.

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Cheers m8. I'll call him tomorrow.

Back to my earlier comment.......they nicked the full set of DC5 interior floor mats too. That one made me REALLY hit the roof. :evil: :x