Mugen N1 9200 ECU

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Franz, There is no way in the world you're gonna get that ecu into that car - We once shoe-horned a Rover V8 and a Jag gearbox into a Mini van (them was the days!) but even I wouldn't attempt your latest mod :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps2london

Advanced Member
DC51VTC said:
Franz, There is no way in the world you're gonna get that ecu into that car - We once shoe-horned a Rover V8 and a Jag gearbox into a Mini van (them was the days!) but even I wouldn't attempt your latest mod :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D that car won't cost u too much for full mods, car will flash when it got the power, all colour LED, can link to the alarm LED.

Just tested the ECU, only take 5 mins to change it. unscrew 3 bolts, swap the ecu, put the screws back. job done.

Vtec kick in 5450rpm up to 9200rpm over the red line, drop back over 7k rpm after change grear, car feel very very smooth.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
I hope you didn't go to the 9200 red line Franz?

Your Valve springs would not withstand that RPM, and cause damage :!:

Mike

ps2london

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
I hope you didn't go to the 9200 red line Franz?

Your Valve springs would not withstand that RPM, and cause damage :!:

Mike
thanks Mike, just have a quick try to make sure this is the correct ECU.

ps2london

Advanced Member
hockeng said:
it's illegal on road

it stated there in red: Not allowed for street use..
yes is not for road use, u can buy the road version 8600rpm with A/C

When i was testing, 9200rpm with A/C On.

I only use it on track anyway.

Trung

Advanced Member
hockeng said:
it's illegal on road

it stated there in red: Not allowed for street use..
LOL.
You're gonna find a lot of performance part arent allowed for street use.
Race manifolds (or extractors you call it in your country), decat pipes and even Hondata ECU :!:
Guess what? Nobody gives a d@mn. :wink:

Duckhunter

Blimmy! Franz!

I know you said your not that fused what happens to your DC5, but you should still remember it's about £6,000 for a new lump in one of these bad boys!!!

TegTypeR

Advanced Member
6k ouch !!! thats alot of spo-dula !! dont go blowen it up lol put it sounds cool !!! :twisted:

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Franz, do you get valve bounce.

Its not my engine but my old b16b happily went to 9100 with out valve bounce, but at 9150 things go a bit wrong. I would keep to 9000 maximum until you upgrade.

Well worth uprating your valve springs and retainers now.

dan the man

Advanced Member
b16b, is that the dc2 engine> i rev mine right to the limit like so maybe back off a bit? as i know its going past 9k by a fair margin............ :shock: :shock: it love it tho!!

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Dan, you've got the B18C in ur DC2 (1.8 litre)... the B16B (1.6) graced the EK9. My bro has got one in his '98 Civic Type-R... cracking car!

dan the man

Advanced Member
got mixed up there then,i knew i was close. valves different then? and the springs? i know the civic engine is mental! such a high output for a 1.6, i thought it would be ok at stratospheric revs!! or maybe not......

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
The main difference between the b16b (EK9) and the b18c (DC2) is the stroke, IIRC the Valvesprings, retainers are the same, different Head Gasket (compression) and different pistons, can't remember spec off top of head.

Is your b18c tuned? If not if the rev counter shows 9000 this isnt a correct read out.

Don't want to worry you at, but my old b16b had a full rebuild late last year, bottom end went :( It had, a hard life, 48000 miles, 30+ trackdays, modded. Just goes to show you they are not as strong as every one makes out. As said above I set my limit at 9100, whether this had anything to do with it I havent a clue.

dan the man

Advanced Member
hm....i know mine revs thro 9, gona film it to see what the limiter cracks in at, i dont do it all the time but now and again like i bounce off in early gears etc ...

i do give her tlc, i know i do so just have to see, and use 500rpm less when im going banzai now and again.
cheers dan.... :wink:

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
If it is standard it will only hit the standard rev limiter 8700 IIRC, my brothers DC2 used to spin round 9000, but when hooked up to a an Apexi thingie, itt showed the correct Limiter.

dan the man

Advanced Member
im sure mines standard but revs more than 8700 for sure, hmm...its got a hks shroom on it and only mod afaik.
will put pics up when i see it after nine!!
dan

K20A2

whats the cost for a MUGEN N1 ECU in England?

I know a friend that wants to sell his Mugen ECU for $1600 CAD which is around $650 GBP

good deal or not?