Mugen N1 Hot Swop

alg2500

Thinking of buying a mugen N1 ecu - but not to use all the time, just to hot swop as and when I require, track days, spirited drives etc.

Would I be asking for trouble or is it perfectly okay to this - just think it would be ideal to use the car in standard form for everyday driving then on weekends, trackdays throw the ECU in and have some more fun. :wink:

I have no supporting mods at present so this is just an idea.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
its no problem and common in japan, they actually mount the second ecu on spacers underneath the original one .

Option

Advanced Member
Out of interest, how much are they and where from?
First Dundonian i have noticed on the forum.

I have seen the N1 Ecu for around £860, but thats for the 8600 Redline version. I think there is also a 9300 Redline although i dont know if thats more expensive.

Stu

alg2500

Cool I think thats what I'll do over a K-Pro then. Would leave the Mugen in full time if it didn't spank lot's of fuel.

Yeh £800 I've seen one for and that's for over 9k rpm version. Can't remember exactly Rpm figure though.

Melly

Advanced Member
Option said:
Out of interest, how much are they and where from?
First Dundonian i have noticed on the forum.

I have seen the N1 Ecu for around £860, but thats for the 8600 Redline version. I think there is also a 9300 Redline although i dont know if thats more expensive.

Stu
I try to be different :lol: Hope to be one of the first in Dundee with a dc5. Not seen one around here yet.

Cheers
Melly

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
with the N1 ECU they reccomend to use upgraded valve springs since it will rev up to 9100 rpm. You can buy the mugen valve springs or toda valve springs....

Project

Advanced Member
I dont think its necessary to change the valve springs if your just gonna be using it for weekends, you dont even need to take it any where near 9k to enjoy it, I can change at 7k and still land in vtec in the next gear. I think in the almost 2 years ive had my car ive only ever hit the limiter twice. tbh you should know when to change gear before the needle starts bouncing

ally_mac

Advanced Member
Revving the car to 9100rpm is pretty pointless, the car will probably hit its peak power between 7500 and 8000, so after that your loosing power. Also the oil system would probably need upgraded as it wouldnt be able to cope