mugen or gruppe M intake if have mugen front bumper

tokgeen

Hi all,

ive read all good things about gruppe m intake, and the gains with a mugen intake is negligible... however, correct me if im wrong, at the back of my mind i think ive read someone saying that mugen intake is only good if you have a mugen front bumper...

so my question is as the topic suggests, if i have a mugen front bumper, should i go with mugen intake? or is gruppe m still the preferred choice?

thanks in advance!

jonster

Advanced Member
As Andy says but the Mugen should still be pretty good with the matching bumper or 5Zigen ram-air. On the plus side, the Mugen arrangement wont flap about / creek / rattle like the GruppeM's do sometimes.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Also consider which one gives the best torque gain across the rev range... more torque gain rather than the max power gain, will give you the better result....

Just my 10pence worth

Mike

sonicboom1

well i have the chance of a gruppe m what realisticly will i be looking at gains wise on just a standard engine so far ?

R123

Advanced Member
oic.. i was thinking Grouppe M is the best air intake.
can the owner plz kindly point out the cons of this air intake? Is still suitable if you are not flooring the gas for every gear?

which air intake is the best for me? provided i wana keep my OEM front bumper.

cheers

sonicboom1

Just fitted a Gruppe M all i can say is WOW!!

Its just like driveing a whole new car.Vtec roar + kick in is amazeing!!!

tokgeen

u serious? great stuff. In fact, i just ordered my gruppe m as well haha... initially i had fujitsubo rm01a cat back, then added toda header, and next coming will be gruppe m... glad that u're having fun with it, i will be looking forward to mine too haha!!

since i will be installing it by myself, has anyone ever posted a gruppe m installation guide here somewhere??

thanks in advance!

tokgeen

u serious? great stuff. In fact, i just ordered my gruppe m as well haha... initially i had fujitsubo rm01a cat back, then added toda header, and next coming will be gruppe m... glad that u're having fun with it, i will be looking forward to mine too haha!!

since i will be installing it by myself, has anyone ever posted a gruppe m installation guide here somewhere??

thanks in advance!