Mugen or rm01a

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Picked up my dc5 last weekend (gok's old car) and loving it so far everything apart from the exhaust

It's got a spoon b pipe ( that had to be cut to fit) and 5zigen fireball backbox and it's just too loud for me

I had a twin loop on my dc2 and loved the noise but I'm
wandering which out of the twin loop or rm01a is better for power??

I am going to have to make my mind up quickly because the neighbors keep looking at me a bit funny 😂😂 so any help is appreciated 👍🏻

spooke

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
Is it much louder than the twin loop?
It's slightly louder, watch this, Mugen is at 0:26 and the Fujitsubo is at 1:24.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6xpwciZEU[/media]

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
😂😂

Cheers for that the only thing is you can't really tell how loud they are on YouTube

Might have to try and make it to the mimms meet in December and see if anyone has one they would let me have a listen to

gurrik

I have the rm01a. It's nice and subtle at idle. Not too loud when city driving. Quiet at cruising (at low throttle) and very nice during vtec. I'm happy with mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Think I need to hear one live

Going to have to get a bit more money together sharpish the exhaust that's on is far too loud especially from cold start 😂

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
That exhaust was savage! Loved it haha was great following him through tunnels on the way back from Holland.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
That exhaust was savage! Loved it haha was great following him through tunnels on the way back from Holland.
Don't get me wrong it sounds evil but just a bit too evil 😂

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Yeah i bet. Ive got 4 systems that i flick between for that very reason haha
At least you'd never get bored 😂

I'll keep an eye out in the classifieds I suppose

Linus27

Advanced Member
I have been toying between the Mugen and RM01A for a while and spoke to Tom at TGM the other week and he said the RM01A will make better power than the Mugen.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
I have been toying between the Mugen and RM01A for a while and spoke to Tom at TGM the other week and he said the RM01A will make better power than the Mugen.
Thing is my car is my daily and I know I (and my neighbors😂) can live with a twinloop

I definitely would like to have a listen of an rm01a before I make my mind up

muffinman

Advanced Member
Torque gt have a twinloop for sale on ebay if you havent already seen it?

I thought about buying it, i had a twinloop on my old dc2 aswell! But at the moment I've got a few other bits to do to the dc5!

MrRy

Advanced Member
Hey Daz. I've got a Fuji. Missus has a Mugen on her ep3. I nearly swapped my Fuji for Matt's Mugen a while ago when he has ankther DC5 and regretted it ever since. Mugen sounds awesome and feels like it has more low end torque so awesome for the road. The can is a bit Marmite, so in that respect the Fuji is nicer.

p1tse

Advanced Member
There was a thread about rm01a recently which I posted on

I've had both rm01a and currently twinloop

At the end of the day it's 2.0 n/a engine so power is negligible with bolt on mods. I agree with above the rm01a did someone feel like more power, maybe throttle response

But the noise wasn't for me, lacked a bit of character to it; bit flat in nature.
Although nice over stock, with a sporty tone.

I prefer the twinloop as doesn't drone as much, more civilised at cruising motorway speed. Matted to a decat and it's a good daily system