Mugen replica side skirts FRP

Dc5888

Just trying to gauge some interest if anyone will be interested in these sideskirts as a group buy

It will be £120 and £25 for uk delivery

Need 10 or more

Attachments

Dc5888

I found this guy on eBay in which I had a brief conversation with, so I'm trying to round up as much many people as poss for this group buy

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
re spirit does them on here mate, i would rather go with him as you know they are going to fit....

Fez

Advanced Member
Thats a good price. If i could spare the cash at the time i'd be down for that.

kazmo

Advanced Member
Dc5888 said:
Dave how much is genuine
How much better is genuine is what you should be asking...
perfect fit, wont need test fitting, alterations, adjustments to make it fit, made from abs as oem bumpers and skirts are, just paint and fit..

these cars are now at a price where lots of people can afford to buy and insure them, just... and when it comes to maintenance and mods everything is done on the cheap, my opinion of course.. way too much fakery around now. i would rather save up a few months more and buy genuine every time..

extracted from the net about why genuine is more expensive...

The brands that invest heavily into Research and Design do so because like us they love cars. They love racing. They want to push the boundaries and do better than the next guy. It's built into our DNA - survival of the fittest. But the brands face some real challenges - the global credit crunch limits capital they can draw from, raw material costs are only going up and raw materials are being used extensively by other industries - placing limitations on what can be produced and when they can be produced. But a far greater threat exists - illegal styled, replica or themed parts which either garnish from a brands good name or copy directly a brands products. Whilst capital and raw materials can be found elsewhere, illegal products have the power to completely collapse a brand on their own.
Fact: Replica products in any shape, form or description are illegal - it's as simple as that.
Brands invest into Research and Development with the income generated from sales. As a result of this Research and Development new products are produced to better the automotive experience. With new parts comes increased sales - and given that their products are not being copied (a crucial aspect of the cycle) - the increased sales result in lower part costs (a positive with many customers) because of the increased volumes. From this income more and more time and effort can be dedicated to producing new parts via Research and Design - and the cycle continues.
The pivot of the system relies on customers seeking only authentic products and rewarding the brands by purchasing them. If market share is being directed towards illegal replicas or styled parts the brands cannot afford to keep producing new parts and the market dries up (see Trust and Apexi for recent examples).
Aside from the economics of this issue, a more concerning matter exists and that is the safety of the consumer. The majority of authentic parts come with various manufacturing standards ratings, quality control ratings or sanctioned approvals (such as FIA, Jasma etc) so that you are sure the part can perform as specified without safety issues. Illegal replicas and styled parts live off the authentic brands' good name and place people at risk with inferior materials and false endorsements.

rant over :xhappy:

truupR

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
i would rather have genuine.
I think everyone would rather genuine. Sadly, genuine costs several times the price of replica.

Everyone would have genuine if they had the money. Fortunately there's good replica parts for often less than a quarter of the price...

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
hondaft said:
Where you getting them at £400 lol? Try about double that!
quote from Matt@ Injection Imports

''I can get the Skirts for £425 and the lip for £350 for you. I'd need to get them in from Japan which usually takes around 4 weeks.

Cheers

Matt''

I will happily sell you a set for £800 if thats how much you think they are....haha...

Dc5888

Some people are more fortunate than others, and have the money to buy at that price, if there is enough interest I will go ahead with order, can't believe there is actually a debate on buying a genuine or replica, sure everyone ones know difference in material and in price,

Then again there's always negativity that goes with positivity

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
i will be going with the rep ones from re spirit mate, as i said before with him being a trader on here you will get better feedback and service etc than the random ebay person...

Dc5888

Can't question that, fair play. Price is hundred cheaper, plus dude said its fit without any probs, also he is not too far for me, so I will go and see him and takes some pics

jrscho

Advanced Member
Dc5888 said:
plus dude said its fit without any probs
Lol...... That's what they all say..... Let's be honest if it fitted like poop they obviously wouldn't say..... Might be cheaper but might not be as durable, like they say you get what you pay for..

Besides, you can't organise a group buy here as far as I am aware.. You need to ask traders here first for a group buy and only if there's a good enough reason they decline then you can find your own group buy... Happened afew months back with the K tuned shifter group buy! Traders pay fees and help the forum run so they come first..

Dc5888

Was seeing if there was enough interest, too much negitives so far and prolly just knock it on the head. just tryna help others

truupR

Advanced Member
Dc5888 said:
Was seeing if there was enough interest, too much negitives so far and prolly just knock it on the head. just tryna help others
I'd be interested xthumbup