Mugen skirts

Mullyace

Advanced Member
Morning all,

Does anyone have any photos of the genuin or rep ones, I'm looking for photos of them under the door.

My guy is having troubles fitting mine and there is a bit of a gap between the skirt and the car under the door.

If anyone has any photos of them being fitted that would be awesome.

Thanks

Fez

Advanced Member
Somebody bought reps ln here before and said they were terrible fit. Iirc, he sent them back

jpstyper

Advanced Member
I have genuine fitted and there is no gap under the door the fit against the car panel I'll get a pic later

beppe786

Beppe
genuine one have a bracket on which they fit so they don't sag/fit perfect in the middle also you can remove them when you want bolted on with screws/double sided tape

they fitted so good.. that i had them painted and fitted them myself.. skirts and rear lip..

Reps you stick on and hope they stay on.. some are terrible fit

Mullyace

Advanced Member
JDMFresh said:
genuine one have a bracket on which they fit so they don't sag/fit perfect in the middle also you can remove them when you want bolted on with screws/double sided tape

they fitted so good.. that i had them painted and fitted them myself.. skirts and rear lip..

Reps you stick on and hope they stay on.. some are terrible fit
Got any you want to sell 😂

Cheers guys, looks like the issues I'm having are pretty standard then unfortunately.

Have to have a think and come up with a solution

Rom

Advanced Member
I'll try and get a photo with the door open tonight.
But I have reps, the fit was as expected for reps.

They look fine now, but used a good bodyshop. They made brackets, so they are actually bolted to the car instead of just bonded. He did say, to look good, they had to smooth them into the car, due to the fit. So I can't remove mine, as they are literally smoothed and painted into the sill, wing and quarter.

That said, you will still save money using reps, over genuine. Las to heard, they were something like £700+? Probably looking at a couple of hours a side.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
Ok, took some with the door open. Excuse the rain and filth

Should have taken one of the brackets, but too dark and pissing it down atm.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Rom said:

Should have taken one of the brackets, but too dark and urineing it down atm.

That looks great mate. Do you recall roughly the cost of the prep work and spraying?

Rom

Advanced Member
I had a full respray mate, and lots of little things. So can't really give a cost I'm afraid. I'd say a couple of hours, possibly more if really bad per side. Then painting on top.

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Rom said:

Should have taken one of the brackets, but too dark and urineing it down atm.

Which reps are these? Im looking to buy re spirit ones.. but haven't seen any up close..

Rom

Advanced Member
mikey_t8 said:
Which reps are these? Im looking to buy re spirit ones.. but haven't seen any up close..
They are RE ones mate

beppe786

Beppe
last set of genuine ones i sold was £400

have to rem genuine one are made of plastic.. reps are fiberglass.. one small knock and they will crack

Rom

Advanced Member
JDMFresh said:

have to rem genuine one are made of plastic.. reps are fiberglass.. one small knock and they will crack
Yeah, finding second hand ones would be worth it! I'd rather have genuine ones at that sort of price. New are ridiculous.
But the demand for them, is higher than the supply on used parts.

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
JDMFresh said:

Still haven't even fitted the set i bought of you yet and it's been nearly a year already.