Mugen Sport Suspension

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Has anyone here used these mugen suspension before or know where i can get some reviews about them? Cant seem to find any reviews etc about it. Ive seen these for sale but not too sure about them? :?

Attachments

Evs

Advanced Member
andyd had some a while ago IIRC

They're not that expensive, much cheaper than a decent set of coilovers anyway clicky

hondafreek

Advanced Member
Thanks Evs, on the ball as usual! :wink:

Very reasonable indeed! I could speand a fortune on that site! I have TEIN springs at the moment, they creek alot at low speed. So these might be the ticket.

neil_integra

Advanced Member
Yes i have these. They are great. Not that hard and lower the car slightly.
I have them with the TGM fast road setup and they perform great.

j9jrx

Advanced Member
I will have a set of these for sale soon if anyone is interested. No idea how much they're worth but any sensible offer will be considered.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
I was looking at these a while ago and found out they're non adjustable so went for lowering springs instead.

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
The ones ive seen arent too expensive. Their advertised for £350

But Im still debating whether to get these or not because ive been told that theres not much difference by me changing over to these compared to the setup on what ive got. Also the right height will be a bit higher compared to what ive got.

At the moment ive got standard suspension but with tanabe springs fitted. I find them ok but just wondering if i just get a fast road setup with these tanabe springs it may be enough rather than spending the money on the mugen springs? :?

Any suggestions? :?

Project

Advanced Member
I had Tanabe springs on before I went to coilovers and also had them set up, they were great for fast road use, and I wouldn't bother getting the mugen ones, the Tanabe height is perfect if you ask me. Only change if you want to get coilovers other i'd say stick with the Tanabe's

garylythgoe

Depends if you care about whether its schlizammed on springs, or whether you care about how the suspension 'performs' :wink:

Mugen suspension is excellent on both road and track, from my experience :D I would go for it 8)

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
tried doing a search on these, and only this thread seems to relate to the mugen sports suspension...

they are literally just non-adjustable shocks right compared to say coilovers, are you able to change dampening on them? or literally just that, technically "stock but mugen"? if you follow...

im hoping to get sorted out some sort of camber adjusters to go with a good suspension set up. I missed out on the ohlins as i cant afford the price currently thats been advertised, however i got room on the plastic so thats not a problem to order new, unless someone has these 2nd hand for sale.

just seeing how good these really are, set for fast road use as well.

Mugen - much stiffer than stock (higher spring rates)

Can be quite bumpy/bouncy on a country lane
But is excellent on smooth roads/roundabouts

I really rate them for the road, and the give -15mm which is good too

Tom @ TGM said that some of his customers find them too harsh and he just changes the springs, as the dampers are perfect for the road

Johnny

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
the mugen springs that harsh? as harsh as tein coilovers? i did sit in my mate's civic and he had mono flexes and it seemed fine to be, bumpy but fine.

weejase

Advanced Member
I had this suspension on my previous dc5 and It was really harsh :cry:

I felt every lump and bump on the road no matter how big or small.
It also done a fair bit of creaking on slow maneuvers :?

What a difference when I sat In my facelift dc5 with stock suspension :D

Not as much fun but a whole lot comfier :wink:

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
yeah i have heard... decided to put on eibach springs on, so hopefully it improve the ride a bit more.

and hopefully, its not too low for speed bumps :?