Mugen Sport Suspension

dickers

i got my new suspension installed couple days ago...when i turn into a left 90 degree corner, like a traffic light corner...i hear this loud knock from the front left suspension. only one knock.
why's that anyone?

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Might be the left front spring is`nt seated properly...had same happen to me on my CTR...turned the spring a little and it was cured immediately HTH :wink:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutly right ,
the spring wil be moving in its seat, it should seat itself after a while, however have you fitted struts and springs or just springs only?
If its only springs is it a facelift model?
If it is then it possibly wont seat as the front springs are different,

dickers

nah mine's the 2001 model.. i got the whole suspension changed..wanted to lower the ride...but it's not low enough cuz it goes only -15mm!!! i might change the springs if the car don't get low enough.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
C&S Evo7 said:
Absolutly right ,
the spring wil be moving in its seat, it should seat itself after a while, however have you fitted struts and springs or just springs only?
If its only springs is it a facelift model?
If it is then it possibly wont seat as the front springs are different,
Yes you`re right about the springs on the facelift model Simon..the Eibachs I got from you are for a pre-facelift and one of the fronts is "coiled" the wrong way...however it hasn`t caused any noticeable problems but I`m putting some new Spoon progs on just in case :wink:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
who are you getting your spoon springs from?

If you speak to Tom at TGM i think he has some springs especially for the facelift model.

dickers

so does that mean my mugen suspension doesn't fit my pre-facelift model? cuz i know they suspensions were made in 2004, for the facelift model. what can i do to help the car now?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
If you changed springs and dampers as an aftermarket kit it would be fine,
The facelift cars used different dampers for each side so unles aftermarket springs are specifically desinged for a facelift car they don't sit perfectly on the spring platform.

In your case i'm certain the spring isn't seated correctly, the easiest way to fix is jack the car and take the wheel of the side which is noisy and look at the spring.
Where the spring starts and ends it should sit against a stop in the spring cups, if it doesn't turn the spring with your hands until it does, The top one can be difficult to move. If you've only just had them fitted take it back to the garage let them do it, should only take a few minutes.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
C&S Evo7 said:
who are you getting your spoon springs from?

If you speak to Tom at TGM i think he has some springs especially for the facelift model.
Hi Simon I`ve just got my springs from Pro racer(Dixon) on this site...should be going on next week :wink:

gregb

Advanced Member
My hks dampers are unbelievably noisy recently.
My springs on both front sides are constantly moving no matter what height they are adjusted too.
No sign of spring stoppers on the top or bottom mounts.
The noise when cornering or when the sides are unleveled when driving is terrible.
Needs a heist up and a good going over :(
On both fronts at the very bottom of the dampers is a twist valve any idea what this does?

andyd

Advanced Member
I had the Mugen sports suspenstion a little while ago.

Its a complete kit springs and dampers, mine wasn't too noisy but i was too hard for my liking.

Andy