mugen system

kev02dc5

Advanced Member
Hi all
i recently purchased a cw dc5 and love it. Its pretty much standard except from a mugen manifold cat/decat and twin loop. Adjustable camber arms all round and rear lower lca's replaces. it also has mugen braces,
my question is, is the full mugen system restrictive?

richards5445

I think you get some gains over standard system, but it is restrictive compared to others I believe, but is a lot quieter

kev02dc5

Advanced Member
ya i don't want something very loud and i like the sound of it to be honest but i want to get a bit more out of it so I'm not sure if ill keep the full system or not.

Gareth88

Advanced Member
I looked for one for well over a year before I finally found mine!... I have the intake as well. Will be getting it mapped soon with RRC not expecting big numbers but I do love the sound it makes =D

DC5RS

DC5
Keep it if you like the sound, look into upgrading your intake air filter, that will give you bit more sound and gains.

neil_integra

Advanced Member
I had that on my dc 5 and it was more powerful than decat manifolds so it's not that restrictive. 253 hp on tdi North rollers (236 on dyno dynamics) I have one on my ep3 with a dc sports manifold and it's making 3hp more than the dc5 at 239 hp on dyno dynamics. It's a very good system and not loud which I prefer

dotty

Advanced Member
The Mugen is not as restrictive as forum tuning gods will have you believe. My setup makes very good gains and it's been tuned and dyno'd on a few different rolling roads.

beppe786

Beppe
i think mugen with decat header is best.. proven 13.80 1/4 mile

but when i spoke to tgm few years back he said mugen is entry level