Murdered Kaki Regu 06&R Ebay...

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Looks like it could be fixed though. Just bang the tip back in shape and try to reshape the backbox. Think it will look reasonable then.

Chewy

Advanced Member
I agree, It could look reasonable...but it'll never be perfect again.

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
No guess not. But i'm still quite interested. Thanks for sharing this, maybe he's willing to ship to the netherlands! Don't got loads of money to spend, and i'm looking for an exhaust for quite a while now. So maybe i could patch it up a bit, so that it looks good from the rear. The sound of these is amazing!!

Chewy

Advanced Member
No worries man, If you could pretty up the backbox and straighten it out again, everything else is hidden away anyway.

Well known as being one of the best 'quiet' exhausts for the DC5, so If you could get it for a decent price, why not! They do sound lovely.

Could still make a good track exhaust if not.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Haha, Awesome man!

Good on you, Keep us all up to date on the progress.

Looking forward to seeing you bring it back to life :)

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Hope you offered A LOT lower than he was asking.. All his parts are SERIOUSLY overpriced..

Really annoys me when someone is trying to get the likes of £220 for standard seats rails when 2 lowered ones new would be £300

And black floor mats for £95 and they look like freddie flintstone was at them.. Let use know how the exhaust turns out though!

C2AXG

Advanced Member
but eventually this 'said' ebay seller will have all the dc5 parts in the worrrlllddd to his disposal lol.

2ndy

Advanced Member
alan-lee said:
Hope you offered A LOT lower than he was asking.. All his parts are SERIOUSLY overpriced..

Really annoys me when someone is trying to get the likes of £220 for standard seats rails when 2 lowered ones new would be £300

And black floor mats for £95 and they look like freddie flintstone was at them.. Let use know how the exhaust turns out though!
Im glad im not the only person thats noticed this.. Anytime i see someone ask about 2nd hand parts they are alweays told to contact this integrastella person. There are parts he is selling that are more expensive than they are from Honda..Probably the main reason hes been relisting the same parts i saw when i first bought my dc5 like a year ago

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Got the dent in the end tip out almost completely. Barely noticeable anymore!

But i noticed that the end tip isn't completely round, it's more of an oval. guess it's hit the ground at some point. Any suggestions on how to bend it in shape again? Could always put in in the bench press and be really carefull.
A good clean and polish really made a difference too. Backbox dent at the top can't be seen when mounted and the bottom being flat is noticeable but i can live with that. got my dream exhaust for a decent price, so not complaining. in the end it's about the sound :)

Chewy

Advanced Member
You got that pretty quick! Glad you're making progress and are happy with it...Throw up some pictures!

As for the oval tailpipe, if you are thinking of putting it in the vice I'd suggest cutting/rounding a block wood and inserting it into the tailpipe for when you compress it, so if it does all of a sudden 'go' the wood will stop it from going too far, If that makes sense?

Only issue is you could end up creating a flat spot on the outer edge?

Could put a smaller block of wood inside the tail pipe and give it a good few taps with a hammer first, so you're knocking the oval part outwards as opposed to pressing it inwards?

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Sounds like a plan. Don't know if i have some time this week. Will post up some Pics and continue on making it a bit nicer when i do!

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
So, got around to making it as pretty as possible.

Here you can see the backbox is banged up, but don't worry. From every other angle is barely noticeable!

As for the sound, it's amazing!!!