My 1/4 mile runs today at Santa Pod

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
In order. Bear in mind it's my first ever 1/4 mile and I'm useless at launching. First one seemed to go well, though I short shifted first and span a bit in second (other car was a Skyline).

Second run was better, but once again launching the car is my weak point. Span first up quite a bit and second only just gripped (other car was a Supra).

Last run was abysmal. My ECU decided that it would give me zero power for about a second before the exhaust made an almighty bang and I was off. The time isn't bad considering the poor start (other car was a standard DC5).

I enjoyed myself today, 1/4 mile is good fun. It's very hard to remember what you did and how you can improve. The bit between waiting for the lights and finally getting into 3rd/4th is over in an instant.

Think I'll stick to tracks from now on, corners excite a lot more.

Video coming later...

weggy

Advanced Member
Good times mate good to meet you on sunday love the car.

I will try to post my times when I can scan them in.

celox performance

Advanced Member
I couldn't bring my DC5 due to my gearbox problems, so took the Prelude along with me instead which unfortunately decided to die on my last run and the engine will need to be rebuilt :( .

Yes the launch is critical for the 1/4 mile and can easily lose you more than 1 second. You've got a decent terminal speed there of 100mph though :D

Glitch

Advanced Member
Thats good for your 1st runs mate. As said its all about the launch. I ran a 13.9 after a few goes.

mark type r

Advanced Member
Nice run, i filmed 2 DC5's running the strip.

I'll post them up when ive uploaded them.

Sorry i didnt come find you weggy but i had a busy day :roll:

timp

Advanced Member
Good to meet you Chris and you too Weggy, was apain in the arse yesterday waiting to get on the strip, i don't think that helped with times but it gave us all time to chat right??

If the two DC's running were a blue 01 and a white 03 then i was in the white one :D had a bad start i seem to remember but luckily made up for it

mark type r

Advanced Member
timp said:
Good to meet you Chris and you too Weggy, was apain in the arse yesterday waiting to get on the strip, i don't think that helped with times but it gave us all time to chat right??

If the two DC's running were a blue 01 and a white 03 then i was in the white one :D had a bad start i seem to remember but luckily made up for it
Yes mate, i believe that will be the one. Ive posted it up as Jap show 2007 just underneath this one

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Did any of you guys race a grey Mk1 Mr2? One of my races was against a DC5 which did a 14 something...

Ollie

alg2500

What spec is your car?

I ran completely standard and got 15.416 at best - kept losing traction and engine hopping. I'm now thinking the torque damper would be a good thing.

timp

Advanced Member
markGTi said:
timp said:

Yes mate, i believe that will be the one. Ive posted it up as Jap show 2007 just underneath this one

cheers mate, thats me and i won!! :D 14.6 wasn't my best time but with all the waitin around for strip action im happy with it.

Prob gonna go there next weekend as well to hopefully get more runs!

Tim

mark type r

Advanced Member
timp said:
markGTi said:
timp said:

cheers mate, thats me and i won!! :D 14.6 wasn't my best time but with all the waitin around for strip action im happy with it.

Prob gonna go there next weekend as well to hopefully get more runs!

Tim
Sounds like a plan :D

I just think your all lucky, i cant wait get a DC5. Its taking too long!!! :lol:

Glitch

Advanced Member
We are going down there again on the 28th of this month for the RWYB session. £20 for unlimited runs all day. Get some good track time without all the queing.