my brakes squeek like buggery!! help!

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
since i got my dc5 the brakes have squeeked, i have read all the posts on here about some of the aftermarket pads etc people are now using etc and i just wondered if anyone has had the same sort of issue??

think i will be able to get it sorted as i mentioned it as an issue when i picked up the car but just wondered. its random, not only when hot, although seems worse when trailing on the brake, but it also does it from cold from time to time too.

any suggestions??

cheers
Ed

corbie

Advanced Member
mine used to do this but I took them off and put a good smear of copper grease on the back of them and they have been silent since. :D

truffs

i run DS2500 on my, very good pads, soft but good. However when cold they are squeaky as buggery, once warmed up very good at low speeds again squeaky 8)

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
corbie said:
mine used to do this but I took them off and put a good smear of copper grease on the back of them and they have been silent since. :D
when you say on back, you mean on the back of the pads??

think my squeek may be different as mine rears its ugly head when i apply the brakes, its def the pad/disc surface that is the issue :(

andyd

Advanced Member
are you sure the pads have not glazed over where they have got to hot ?

Andy

corbie

Advanced Member
Mine was when I applied my brakes and was only my front left. but after putting some copper grease on the back of the pad and shim. Then putting it all back together it stopped.

its a fairly quick job there is only two pins that hold the pads in very easy to do.

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
cheers for the replies,

glazed over could be the issue, looking at what look like hot spots on the discs i think the previous owner liked using the brakes HARD! :shock:

will have a look at the pads properly nxt week

thanks for yr help

andyd

Advanced Member
ejwillistyles said:
cheers for the replies,

glazed over could be the issue, looking at what look like hot spots on the discs i think the previous owner liked using the brakes HARD! :shock:

will have a look at the pads properly nxt week

thanks for yr help
Easy way to cure that is to remove the brake pads. Sand the top layer off and put them back on as normal re grease etc....

Or buy new pads :lol:

Andy

mikegsi

Staff member
but if you can put up with the noise and they still work, just play your tunes a bit louder!! :wink:

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
i was giving it the loud tunes for the last few weeks and just trying to ignore the people winceing on the pavement when i came to a stop followed by looking around them for a black cab!!

the fella who imported the car for me sorted them with new original Brembo honda pads all round and the squeeks are alll gone now....so worth it for the £80 odd quid chiswisk honda charged him for 4 sets of pads

mikegsi

Staff member
80 odd quid!!!!

i got charged £200 just for front pads on mine!! (that was fitted too) :shock: :shock: