My DC5 detail

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
Mate of mine detailed my car on Friday as I took him to go collect his 635csi, thought I'd copy and paste his post on Stanceworks. I'd washed the car the weekend before but not waxed it for a good 5-6 weeks, I usually use Autoglym HD wax but my mate swears by dodo juice, doesn't seem to bead as well but the car is definately repelling dirt better, it's still clean now and I have a 70 mile round trip commute every day.

Anyway, the post

Jorge;569044 said:
I owed my friend a favour, and he called in it before Japshow Finale this weekend so on Friday I spent the day giving the Championship Cream a bit of a correction to more of a Championship White.

It wasn't too dirty to begin with, and having no LED/Halogen lights and the overcast skies meant I couldn't actually see what kind of correction I was doing. Couple of before shots:

DC5 Detail - Before by Jorge-, on Flickr

DC5 Detail - Front Quarter Before by Jorge-, on Flickr

DC5 Detail - Rear Before by Jorge-, on Flickr

DC5 Detail - Mirror Dirt Before by Jorge-, on Flickr

Firstly the wheels got a once over with some Bilberry wheel cleaner, and bottom half of the car was sprayed with a bit of degreaser.

DC5 Detail - Bilberrry Wheel Cleaner by Jorge-, on Flickr

Then I gave the car a wash down with Dodo Juice Sour Power, followed by a clay with Billit Hamber Autoclay, with a final wash down and hose afterwards. You can see some of the yellowing above the exhaust.

DC5 Detail - Washed and Clayed with Dodo Juice Sour Power by Jorge-, on Flickr

DC5 Detail - Exhaust Before by Jorge-, on Flickr

Due to the lack of good light and Honda's soft paint I took quite a conservative approach to polishing the deciding on a combo of an orange Menz pad with some Menzerna Super Finish.

DC5 Detail - Menzerna Super Finish by Jorge-, on Flickr

After one hit of the car I had removed all the yellowing paint, restored some shine to the rear quarters and given the whole car a nice crisp shine. The exhaust was also treated to some Autosol both inside and out with the wirewool.

DC5 Detail - Exhaust by Jorge-, on Flickr

DC5 Detail - Rear Quarter by Jorge-, on Flickr

The headlights also had a quick hit of the DA to cut back a few of the faint scratches and hazing on them.

DC5 Detail - Headlight by Jorge-, on Flickr

Keeping with my favoured Dodo Juice products I gave the entire car a blast with some Lime Prime on the DA on a green Hexlogic pad.

DC5 Detail - Dodo Juice Lime Prime by Jorge-, on Flickr.

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
Jorge;569077 said:
After the Lime Prime, the car received a nice layer of Dodo Juice Hard Candy, tyres were dressed with some Meguiars Endurance Gel, windows cleaned with AG Fast Glass, trims treated with AG Bumper Care and the whole car given a final wipe down.

DC5 Detail - Dodo Juice Hard Candy by Jorge-, on Flickr

DC5 Detailed - Mirror Finished by Jorge-, on Flickr

DC5 Detailed - Finished Front by Jorge-, on Flickr

DC5 Detailed - Finished Front Quarter by Jorge-, on Flickr

DC5 Detailed - Finished Side by Jorge-, on Flickr

DC5 Detailed - Finished Rear by Jorge-, on Flickr

The car still has all its original Japanese stickers on being an import, a nice little touch.

DC5 Detailed - Japanese Tax Disc by Jorge-, on Flickr

DC5 Detailed - Japanese Door Shut by Jorge-, on Flickr

DC5 Detailed - Petrol Cap by Jorge-, on Flickr

Standard beading shot, sorry it is a bit excrement,

DC5 Detailed - Beading Dodo Juice Hard Candy by Jorge-, on Flickr

Under the 'hood', not a standard engine totally, Tegiwa Imports airbox, new inlet and exhaust manifolds, remapped (needs another), Mugen twin loop system and probably loads more 'JDM y0' parts that I have no idea about.

DC5 Detailed - Engine Shot by Jorge-, on Flickr
There are a few more pics of the car nice and clean in my topic in the gallery section.

Cheers, Matt :)

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Superb mate, I need a mate like that!!

Been using some Dodo Juice products myself, very good along with Zymol and a little Mags.

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Great results looks superb, had mine done a few weeks back, makes all the difference ;)

hussain124

Advanced Member
which camera are you using ?

looks like the wheels have been refurbed but not championship white? or could be my eyes lol

car looks unblemished

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
Cheers :) I'm really happy with it, like I said it's certainly stayed cleaner this week than any other.

I'm not sure what camera he's using, I think it;s a Canon 40D but it should tell you on his flickr. The wheels have probably been touched up in photoshop, they're a bit kerbed but generally there are hardly any marks on the car, probably the best I've ever had haha

spennyd

Advanced Member
glad to see your looking after it! hows it treating you? should have kept the mugen spoiler on it though!!
looks miles better with oem headlights to! what other bits have you changed?
spencer

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
Cheers Spencer, glad you like it mate :)

The mugen spoiler is funny one really, always really liked them and wanted to have one when i bought a DC5, but when I had one I didn't like it lol. Much prefer the standard one on it especially like you say with the oem headlights, looks a completely different car.

Not done too much really, took off the shifter extender, Defis, swapped the ITG for a tegiwa airbox and fitted a bonnet lifter which meant I could take out the bonnet stay and stop it rattling :) New manifold and full exhaust next, then a remap. Also going to have the front bumper and bonnet resprayed then finally get it out on track :)

TypeRiter

Advanced Member
Love the ride height on this car :)

Nice and clean - I need your mate to owe me a favour :lol: