My DC5 is shocking

conoroneill

Advanced Member
After almost every journey I get quite a big electric shock as I'm closing the driver's door to get out of the car. It was quite funny at the start but now it's getting annoying as it's happening all the time. Last night I could actually see the big blue spark. My neighbour who witnessed it happening must have thought I was mental.

Any suggestions (short of rubber static strips dangling from the rear!) as to what to do?

Jor-El

Advanced Member
I hit/grab the outside of the A-pillar before I get out the car. I've been shock so hard before, that I heard the spark.

keevster

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
Stop wearing cheap plastic clothes :p :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Had this before with the CTR. Started kicking the door :lol: before i touched it to close it. The ones i get at work are even worse, you see the spark and hear it :evil: , bloody sore.

Paul :wink:

gaz3434

Advanced Member
It's all about the shoes - do they have rubber soles? Or it could be the rubber gimp suit you're wearing! :lol:

I think those rubber dangly strips look cool anyway.... :wink: :lol:

Vicki

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
After almost every journey I get quite a big electric shock as I'm closing the driver's door to get out of the car. It was quite funny at the start but now it's getting annoying as it's happening all the time. Last night I could actually see the big blue spark. My neighbour who witnessed it happening must have thought I was mental.

Any suggestions (short of rubber static strips dangling from the rear!) as to what to do?
only happens to me when I wear jeans!

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
i noticed this wen i wear my dunlop green flash in the car... i touch the door with my shoulder as i get out... you get the shock through your t-shirt but its not as bad as the end of your finger!!

bloody annoying though!! :lol:

fonz600

Advanced Member
I used to get this but after I fitted the Spoon Earthing Kit it stopped. Haven't had it once since I fitted it.

Chi

Get a anti static strap for the car

I had similar prob with my CRX, so i got one of these

Gonna get one for my DC5R soon, as i heard of ppl in some countries having lit a spark from touching their cars at a servo after filling up and going BOOM !!

Antaz

I've been shocked ONCE from a car, and that was at erm... A reasonable speed down the A1, from the dash, right to the end of my finger. It hurt, a lot.

I'd suggest one of tose anti static strips too, but they look ugly, so fit it out of sight, not at the back. If thats possible? Or does it HAVE to be at the back?

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Chi said:
Gonna get one for my DC5R soon, as i heard of ppl in some countries having lit a spark from touching their cars at a servo after filling up and going BOOM !!
Now that's scary.

Antil static strips. My God. We're regressing slowly back into the 80's. Next I'll have fins on my wiper blades and furry dice!