My DC5 Power?

Ezza

Advanced Member
Cleaning my car earlier on the day and i found my mapping session with CPL where the Teg was was got rolling roaded and hit 188.8hp (at the wheel i think). I guess my question relate to how my DC5 is performing with the following mods:

KPRO
Spoon Catback
Gruppe M

In doing some research am i correct is saying that is approximately 222BHP?

EndaITR

Advanced Member
Was them mods on it at the time of the r/r ? If not then you can only estimate within 10bhp pob what you have with them but the only way is to get it dyno'd again.

Ezza

Advanced Member
EndaITR said:
Was them mods on it at the time of the r/r ? If not then you can only estimate within 10bhp pob what you have with them but the only way is to get it dyno'd again.
The mods were on the car at the dyno day :wink:

EndaITR

Advanced Member
I see you added (at the wheel's) ;)

It depends what formula the dyno in question uses to calculate the wheel to fly bhp... there should be fly/wheel bhp's on the sheet unless half of it is missing(like 2 page print out etc)

There is a flrmula but cant remember it at the moment, Im sure someone will...but again its only a guestimate...

Ezza

Advanced Member
Ive been thinking of getting my DC5 remapped by Artech tuning as the car can sometimes feel a bit jerky. The car was originally mapped from CPL and i have heard conflicting stories of other people getting jerkiness from a not so good map :(

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
Ive been thinking of getting my DC5 remapped by Artech tuning as the car can sometimes feel a bit jerky. The car was originally mapped from CPL and i have heard conflicting stories of other people getting jerkiness from a not so good map :(

IMO I would not take a lawn mower to be tuned by CPL.

Seems to be no consistency in the quality of his work as my mates poor K20 swapped civic found out after he fitted a set of cams and mapped it.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I'm with Dan wouldnt touch them with a bargepole,
Expect to see around 200 at the tyres, that will make a good performing car.

Rob84

Advanced Member
I'm getting my DC5 mapped by Guy @ CPL in May, i'll report back with my findings. It is a bit worrying to read of "horror" stories be honest but after a good read through on the Civic owners forum, my minds been put to rest. The guy creates some of the fastest civics in europe and i'm sure this wouldn't be so if he didn't have the "minerals" as it were. IMO, your ass dyno is much better then any RR figure, i.e. if it feels good/fast when driving, then sod any seemingly low RR figure. As long as the fueling, ignition and knock are spot on then you won't be going far wrong :xcheers: