my dc5 wont rev past 7500rpm in 5th gear

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
i think a true 145-150 would be the most for a standard teg, mine didn't feel like it had much left at that speed tbf

Edit: and oh yeah and that shot was taken in Germany just in case that comment above was directed at me?

Stoo

Whining.....
jay82 said:
S80PERteg said:
The gearing in 6th equates to 'roughly' 20mph per 1000rpm

So 'indicated' 160mph

More realistically, 150-155mph
the top speed of a standard tegg is 148mph about

It's faster than that.
Trust me.

Gear ratios roughly equate to 20mph per 1000rpm.

8000rpm = 160mph (roughly)

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
I had mine upto 154 on the GPS in Germany on the Autobhan, just a touch over 8000 rpm on the clocks. A few years ago, at the Ring i hit 141 gps speed, saying that my CRX hit 134 at the ring at 8000 rpm.

armjoker

Advanced Member
On my stock dc5 with aem cai and N1 ecu i did 130 easily. Not sure about more but for tuned dc5 filtr rbc toda exhaust system and tuned ecu the mechanic calculated 170 mph top speed.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
You guys are so cool!!!!!!!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

osiras

Advanced Member
Obviously a bit of tension growing here. My question was just enquiring. Not sure many if any dc5's could reach 170mph. But anywho. Thanks for everyones help.

dotty

Advanced Member
VT-Doo said:
Stop being a jock!

I don't see why you are getting so irate?

Aly

Advanced Member
I managed to get 215mph in a 30 zone with a row of schools on one side and candy, puppy and firework shops on the other side.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
dotty said:
VT-Doo said:
Stop being a jock!

I don't see why you are getting so irate?
You're right, lets all talk about how fast we can drive...but it's ok as we all either done it on track, in Germany or have our own private test track; it was certainly not carried out on the public road :roll:

If that isn't a good enough reason, I'm pretty sure it breaks the forum rules.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
Aly said:
I managed to get 215mph in a 30 zone with a row of schools on one side and candy, puppy and firework shops on the other side.
At least somebody agrees.

raz786

Advanced Member
:lol: :lol: The tension is hilarious. There is no way of knowing whether any of the speeds stated were done on track or in Germany or on a public road. So what's the point of getting angry and shocked at people stating what speeds they've managed? :)

The original question was to do with top speed being 130mph or something, and this isn't the case for a DC5. Should be more like 155-160mph.

Stoo

Whining.....
LMAO @ The warriors!

I happen to have access to a runway or two.

Will that make you sleep better?
I didn't think any of you had been over 70.

Aly

Advanced Member
I was meering taking the piss, i dont actually care either way about people driving on motorways at high speeds in a performance car. I do have problems with people in cars that arnt made to go over 85 mph mark (corsas, all fords, anything french etc) attempting to break the ton mark because this is extremely dangerous.

Its been an interesting read seeing the speeds people are getting. Top Speed isnt really my bag.

Stoo

Whining.....
Aly said:
(corsas, all fords, anything french etc) attempting to break the ton mark because this is extremely dangerous.
Focus RS
Ford GT
Corsa VXR
Megane R26/.R
Clio 172/182/197/200/V6.....

Nice Blinkers ;)

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
Haha yeah it is quite funny, i'm no saint when it comes to speed but i will never ever speed in a 30 zone or in any towns or cities.

Top speed isn't really my bag but as i was on an unrestricted bit of autobahn on the way to my stag do at the ring i thought it'd be pretty rude not to floor it for a bit :lol: what's the point in having a teg if you don't want to go fast!

Either way i don't want to get into an argument with anyone so lets just leave it at that for now!

Hugs/handshakes all round?

Aly

Advanced Member
S80PERteg said:
Aly said:
(corsas, all fords, anything french etc) attempting to break the ton mark because this is extremely dangerous.
Focus RS
Ford GT
Corsa VXR
Megane R26/.R
Clio 172/182/197/200/V6.....

Nice Blinkers ;)

More chance of those sheds breaking down before they break 100 mph.