My first DC5

ozzy147

Advanced Member
Hi everyone,

Happy owner of my first DC5. I previously owned a NHB EP3 which i sold in March thinking that just driving my van around would be enough...it wasnt- VTEC itch came back with a vengence. So after trying to source a decent one in Scotland i soon realised there wasnt much out there and i ended up travelling 500 miles to buy one off the guys at Torque-GT, who i cannot reccommend highly enough! Car was exactly as described and any small niggles i had with the car, Darren and Mike have sorted no questions asked. Do not hesitate to buy off Torque, Brilliant!
The car is almost standard. It has a skunk2 gear knob, Tegiwa coolant hose, Mugen oil cap and D2 rear camber arms. The latter i have questions about;

what is the advantages of having the aftermarket camber arms? from all i see they have just made the back of the car unbearably hard!

Are they quite sought after, after i take them off and sell them?

Apart from that the car is awsome, and a step up from the EP3 in my opinion. Feels quicker and sounds amazing. Love the fact it revs even more. Not to mention it looks far better ;)

My EP;

My DC5

Thanks for looking

Teg_Ben

Advanced Member
Looks unblemished :xhappy: same age as mine too, whats the mileage?

That exhaust's not standard is it?

ozzy147

Advanced Member
Mileage is 78000, drives great and feels very tight :D Im not really sure if its a standard exhaust or not, sounds standard. However im not fully clued up on the DC5 yet like i was with my EP. Only other thing i have to get sorted apart from the camber arm is to get the seat re trimmed as it has the usual wear! do we have any guys on the forum who do a re trimming service??

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Rear aftermarket camber arms allow you to adjust the camber at the rear of the car.
They're very common. D2 are in the cheaper range.

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Wellcome to dc5 ownership ;-). Mike at Torque is a great guy and it looks like the car he's supplied you is a beauty...

Andy
200bhp /JM-imports

ozzy147

Advanced Member
Wellcome to dc5 ownership ;-). Mike at Torque is a great guy and it looks like the car he's supplied you is a beauty...

Andy
200bhp /JM-imports
Cheers! I am really happy with it. Is anybody able to advise on getting the seats re trimmed? Do we have anyone on the forum that does it or any recommended companies?

Kierandc5

I looked into get a little bolster repair quoted early 200 you may be better off buying an immaculate 2nd hand pair etc,
Just my 2 sence worth, cracking looking dc5 as well you got yourself a real gem aswell

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Looks really nice. Fresh imports are always nice to get. How bad is the seat? Any pictures?

martinj46

Advanced Member
Looks tidy. I drove from Aberdeen to buy mine from Torque too (it's actually Darren's old car) and couldn't echo your comments more.

The camber arms, as already said, allow you to adjust the camber for a more aggressive setup, they shouldn't make the car any harder though? I'm also looking to get my seats re-trimmed so will keep an eye on this

ozzy147

Advanced Member
Looks tidy. I drove from Aberdeen to buy mine from Torque too (it's actually Darren's old car) and couldn't echo your comments more.

The camber arms, as already said, allow you to adjust the camber for a more aggressive setup, they shouldn't make the car any harder though? I'm also looking to get my seats re-trimmed so will keep an eye on this
Yeah thats right it was a guy called Darren who owned it before me, judging by the overall condition of the paintwork and interior, seems like he looks after his cars :) Long old drive from Exeter eh lol worth it though!!

Im kinda hhoping it does make the ride smoother as i was advised that it would, however if it doesnt i might just need to buy 2nd hand OEM springs and hopefully that would cure it (and im guessing a lot of people would be selling them as loads get theirs lowered)

Are DC5's generally a very rough ride??

Here is the wear to the seat, might also get the bum part of the seat re foamed as it sinks a lot more than the passengers seat and makes it less comfy.

Other than that the car is perfect, only thing i will be changing is the OEM airbox for a Tegiwa M carbon box

martinj46

Advanced Member
Sorry for the confusion, I meant mine was owned by Darren at Torque.

DC5's are fairly stiff cars standard, compared to the usual hot hatch available here. It's never bothered me though

ozzy147

Advanced Member
lol Thats the name of the guy who owned mine before too, so i was told! whats the chances. Darren at torque is a top guy, he was the one who dealt mostly with myself.

I will change the camber arms and see how it goes from there.