My first Type R

JonnyS

I'm thinking of buying a DC5 (still trying to get to grips with the terminology), but could do with some advice from the experts...

I've been offered a red one, Dec 2002, 4500 miles with the C package for just over £17k by an importer. Does this sound like a reasonable deal ?
Difficult to judge when you're new to all this, so I'd appreciate any advice. Never seen a red one in the flesh - looks good in the picture, but can anyone give me their opinion? Thanks 8)

JOM

Advanced Member
Another red one :shock:

Who are the importers?
What auction grade is it?
£17K is about the going rate considering it is low mileage.

Have you got a quote on insurance yet? Make sure they know it is a DC5 and an import.

Read through the other posts on the forum and I am sure you will find the answers to any questions you have.

If you ask nicely somebody might go to the importers and have a look at it with you.

PS Welcome to the forum

James ( the red one) :wink:

JonnyS

The importers are Japanese Performance Cars, and he's told me it's a 4.5 grade, A grade interior.

Cheapest quote I've got so far is £900 - tried Tesco as my other car's insured with them, but they wanted £1600 :(

Are there any other questions I should be asking the importers?

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
I would think at 4.5/A grade, £17000 is about the going rate. In my opinion, the red one is a VERY nice colour - and getting more common, it would seem :wink: . Like James says, if you have a quick browse through the rest of the forum it should give you any pointers toward things you should be looking out for. Only thing that springs to my mind, check out the Auction Papers with the importer and ensure that it IS a 4.5/A grade. Happy hunting...

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :D

rayray

Jonny

im currently phoning around for insurance......could you tell me what company u had the cheapest quote from?

Thanks

Ray

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Welcome aboard guys :)

Tesco seems to be the most common insurance company although be crystal clear with them this is the 2.0l DC5, NOT the 1.8l DC2. Quotes of 1K to 2K seem to be fairly common with a few people falling outside this bound.

Paul - :xhaha:

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Ello mate and welcome to the board

Just make sure you get a spare key and ask if it comes with an alarm as most of them don't and it cost around £350 - £500 for a cat 1.

happy driving

rayray

thanks guys for the insurance info...think its time to get on the phone and quote me happy!!

Ray

JonnyS

Called A-Plan for insurance. As I needed to renew my other car insurance, I've done both through them. As I didn't have any no-claims to put towards the Integra, they are going to match my no-claims on my first car (6 years) on the Integra, which is nice :D
So I've got a quote for £699. That's about half what Tesco quoted me. Thought that might be useful info for someone else.

spikerules

First Civic Type R

I just bought my first Civic Type R (i know not DC5)... I’m new to fast cars though. My last car was a Micra, so please don't flame me with abuse, but I have no idea about any type of car! So if anyone would be willing to answer my questions I’d be grateful:)

Trung

Advanced Member
Re: First Civic Type R

spikerules said:
I just bought my first Civic Type R (i know not DC5)... I’m new to fast cars though. My last car was a Micra, so please don't flame me with abuse, but I have no idea about any type of car! So if anyone would be willing to answer my questions I’d be grateful:)
You used to drive a Micra? Hahaha :lol: :xlol: Only j/k! I'm an ex-Micra driver too, a 1.0l straight into a EP3 CTR. Mad huh! :wink:

What are your questions? :?

phil_444

Advanced Member
Hi Jonny,

I am on the look out for a Red one too but I have just this minute come back from Litchfield Imports having seen a Blue one. I don't think colour makes that much difference now, the car looks great whatever the colour. Looking to get one ordered up by the end of the week!!

About insurance im 22, 4 yrs NCD no points/claims and the cheapest I have had (and the only one that will touch me) is Tesco @ £ 1670. I think I will call A-Plan and Warwick Davis tomorrow to find out what they will insure me for.

Phil.

Nat

Re: First Civic Type R

Trung said:
spikerules said:
You used to drive a Micra? Hahaha :lol: :xlol: Only j/k! I'm an ex-Micra driver too, a 1.0l straight into a EP3 CTR. Mad huh! :wink:

What are your questions? :?
:lol: I dont hink I did too bad - my first car was a XR2i - then after a year went straight to a DC2!!! :lol:

Nat

Thats suppose to be think not hink - i really should read what i have written before submitting!